Truck-Lite installation

Jake

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 Rocket 3Touring
I have looked for a thread that addresses my question, and while I'm sure there is one, I could not find one. I installed the Truck-Lite head and passing lamps yesterday on my 2012 TR3T. Headlamp went in no problem, but first question: I left the little parking bulb plugged in and tucked it at the back of the headlamp shell (I never use that feature anyway). was that the right thing to do? I wasnt sure if it would throw a code if I took it out. Next, and the bigger question: I used the Kuryakyn adapters for the passing lamps and they are REALLY big, no matter how I tried to tuck/arrange them into the housing they are keeping the trim ring from mounting completly flush, so my question is: do I really need those adapters (not sure if they have a "ballast" on them, making them so big) or can I simply put different connectors on the bike side wires and eliminate those adapters so my passing lamps rings will fit flush with the housings? Thanks for any help

I did a search using "truck-lite" withough quotes and came up with 108 results.

If you don't see a search box, click on the magnifying glass icon.

I did a search using "truck-lite" withough quotes and came up with 108 results.

If you don't see a search box, click on the magnifying glass icon.
Thanks, I found answers right away under "similar threads" below your answer, my search just didnt have them in the order they popped up here, Thanks again

Cut off the parking "peanut" bulb if you're not going to use it. shrink wrap or elec tape over the end - No codes will throw

I have looked for a thread that addresses my question, and while I'm sure there is one, I could not find one. I installed the Truck-Lite head and passing lamps yesterday on my 2012 TR3T. Headlamp went in no problem, but first question: I left the little parking bulb plugged in and tucked it at the back of the headlamp shell (I never use that feature anyway). was that the right thing to do? I wasnt sure if it would throw a code if I took it out. Next, and the bigger question: I used the Kuryakyn adapters for the passing lamps and they are REALLY big, no matter how I tried to tuck/arrange them into the housing they are keeping the trim ring from mounting completly flush, so my question is: do I really need those adapters (not sure if they have a "ballast" on them, making them so big) or can I simply put different connectors on the bike side wires and eliminate those adapters so my passing lamps rings will fit flush with the housings? Thanks for any help
Update, and final: I did as advised and first removed the unneeded bulky Kuryakyn adapters, then cut the connector off of the Truck-lite passing lamps and wired on male spade connectors. That got rid of a lot of bulk in the passing lamp bucket and I'm glad I did (and thanks all for the help). But to my suprise, the trim rings still wouldn't fit back flush. I discovered that the lamps, being bigger than the stock reflectors were pushing the lamp retaining clips right up very tight against the lip on the inside of the trim rings. These clips are pretty strong anyway, and the size of the lamps precluded being able to push them in at all. The lip around the edge of the passing lamp bucket (that the trim ring slips onto) measured 7mm and the inner bezel of the trim ring measured 4.2mm (I estimate the clip to be about 1.5mm thick and with the clips taunt against the inner bezel it was never going to flush up. So, I marked the trim rings where the clips are, slid it on as best as I could, marked the passing lamp buckets, then used a dremmel cut off wheel and cut out notches on the lip of the lamp buckets about 3mm in width and now they fit nice and flush (and you cant see the notches as the trim ring completly covers it). Only "downside" is the clips have to always be in the same location but with high quality LED's I dont expect to be back in there often.

Ride out here to Washington. :D
I'd like to graphically light meter test your Truck-Lites for my data base.
Do you know anyone with them in a Roadster?

Ride out here to Washington. :D
I'd like to graphically light meter test your Truck-Lites for my data base.
Do you know anyone with them in a Roadster?
While I would love to ride cross country, and especially since I grew up in Seattle (the Greenwood area, but most people would know Ballard before Greenwood) and have been living in the deep south for the last 40 years, that will not be possible. You can enter them in the data base as Bright AF. I think that would cover it.
On the other note, I am the only R3 owner I know.

Back