Assistance requested with SAMCO hose installation - leaking

Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hello Rocketeers,

I installed the Samco hose kit on my Roadster a few weeks ago and hadn't ridden
in about a week. I crank her up and the big hose by the oil tank starts dripping a drop a second.
I get the screwdriver and the the clamp is very loose. I check the smaller one underneath the
big hose and same thing. When I tighten the clamps if I go too far I hear a click and the clamp
loosens and I have to re-tighten. Is this normal? Initially when I installed the hoses and tightened this didn't happen.
It's now tightened to right before the click occurs and the clamps loosen. Now leaking is this normal?

Thanks,

More descriptive title added.

It is standard -- as we say in the military, when all else fails, read the instructions -- yes, when installing new hoses and new clamps, both "relax" a bit after initial installation, and the instructions, and most advice, indicate retightening all clamps about a week later, and then check. Of course, we should be accomplishing a pre-ride check every time we go out, which would catch, presumably, fluids where they are no supposed to be.

Good luck.

More descriptive title added.

It is standard -- as we say in the military, when all else fails, read the instructions -- yes, when installing new hoses and new clamps, both "relax" a bit after initial installation, and the instructions, and most advice, indicate retightening all clamps about a week later, and then check. Of course, we should be accomplishing a pre-ride check every time we go out, which would catch, presumably, fluids where they are no supposed to be.

Good luck.
Yeah, I caught the leak before I took off and had tightened them at least twice since installing.
Just went riding about 15 miles and no leak.
Thanks for the more descriptive title, I was banging this post out fast to catch a little sunlight
for my evening ride.

Back