Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
Newbie question. Well my 2015 R3T is supposed to be delivered this week (yea!). I have a question I could not find the answer to using the search feature on this site. In reading the warranty conditions on the Triumph website it says: "The machine must have been serviced by an authorised Triumph dealer, at the intervals specified in the Triumph Owner’s Handbook and the service log completed accordingly". Now I believe it is the law that a manufacturer cant force folks to use only dealership facilities to accomplish needed services. In fact the owner can even do the procedures. So the question is: Does Triumph require even someting as simple as an engine oil change be done at their facilities in order to maintain the validity of the warranty? Thanks in advance for any input, it will be appreciated.

Scott is correct. In the USA law forbids the MFG Company from voiding warranty for NOT using the dealer. Yes you do have to do the scheduled maintenance and have record of such.

Some or most dealers will tell you that they have to do the service on your bike to maintain the warranty but the law won't allow them to enforce it. They stay in business by selling and servicing motorcycles. Keep receipts for oil and filters and change per owners manual. I had a warranty claim the first year I owned my 09 and they never ask for service records. I have done all my oil changes since day one.

Keep the receipts on any speciality tools required to do the maintenance work. Had a Harley dealership attempt to go that route once. The 500 mile tune up on the Rocket is very important. ;););););););)

interesting,
any one in the uk know anything regarding this ??
In the UK you must use a vat registered workshop and genuine parts,or be able to prove the work has been carried out by a competent person,but the onus is on the owner to prove this.

interesting,
any one in the uk know anything regarding this ??
I was a Kawasaki dealer for 18 years and we always tried to back the customer as customer satisfaction is the no 1 goal to assure a loyal return buyer and the best reputation

Back