Triumph Torsional Damper Shaft Bearing brand

Hipporider

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket 3, 2010 R3R
JESA brand...My machinist mate has never heard of it.Designed by Swiss engineers but most likely made in China!:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:.The bearing failed, damaging the bearing journal in the engine block.:eek3:

A FAG NSK or SKF bearing will go back into it...bugger Triumph bearings:twisted: if they use Chinese bearings.

Anyone know the revs the torsional output shaft bearing has to put up with? ie; is it a "high speed bearing" ?

.... which could well lead to the bearing stuffing up the area it sits in in the crankcase......????

JESA site says Switzerland location contains "design and production"......

...and that Shanghai is production and sales for the Chinese market....

But you wouldn't know really I s'pose, where your bearing came from. Reckon I'd be guessing Switzerland??
[h=1]The JESA group[/h]

Since 2001, JESA has been an integral part of the Polygena group, situated in the canton of St. Gall and chaired by Dr. Karl Stadler. JESA is also the grouping of the following entities:

[h=2]Headquarters in Villars-sur-Glâne, Switzerland.[/h]
Group management. Design of the entire Spinning Solution range, and production unit. Customer service, logistics and central stock.

Jesa Shanghai, Chine[h=2]Sales and production site for the Chinese market in Shanghai, China.[/h]
Management, production of spinning solution units and customer service. The purpose of this entity is to promote closer ties with the Chinese market. It also simplifies the logistics and ensures that the product quality corresponds to Swiss standards.

Jesa Wuxi, Chine[h=2]Business centre for Wuxi, China[/h]
Office for trade, management of supplier relations and quality control for standard bearings and special products in China according to the specifications developed in Switzerland.

Check out the newton metres of torque to fasten the nut on the torsion damer shaft housing. I think 180Nm!!!! How he hell do you hold the spline in a vice safely while swinging on th nut with that level of force?? Can you forward me any links about these so called mis aligned housings?? PS got my clutch tool.

Make sure you replace the bearing housing because there was talk that some may be out of alignment.

SKF goes back and I bet my front wheel bearing was a Jesa too as soon as I get my bike back will be doing rear wheel bearings
I still have old bevel drive I bet they were Jesa bearings too

Back