Triumph oil filter differences

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
I just did a forum search on oil filters and came up with many threads about replacement filters, problems etc., but none that answered the fitment question I have.

I've always assumed that all of the Triumph oil filters since model year one through the present were the same. However, in trying to find filters on Ebay and Amazon I find that when I enter my year and model, 2009 Touring, they come up as "not compatible for that model". What the hey? Further, it will list the filters as compatible with later model Tourings. On Amazon there is a listing for a HIFLOFILTRO but compatible with 2012-2014. I read somewhere that the Triumph filters are made by that company.

Have the factory filters changed over the years?

I've always purchased my filters from the Triumph dealerships but since there is no longer one near me am trying to find one on line. Now I wish I'd bought five of them last purchase before the local dealership went under.

Edit: Ok, so I just found a Neutron filter on Amazon that is listed for 2009-2015 so I'm really confused now.

I see that somewhat often, they say itsi not compatible because they haven't checked, I believe all Rockets take the same filter, they never changed the block

20170707_095911.jpg

20170707_095856_001.jpg

I use the Mobil M1-110A filter. It is a car filter and a little longer than the stock filter so it has a little more capacity than a bike filter. It is about $10 at Walmart. The chrome cover still fits over it and leaves about 3/4 of an inch showing at the bottom. There are a lot of options for filters, both bike and car filters that fit. If I were to use a bike filter, I would go with the Hi-Flo Filtro.

Back