Triumph Design flaw-does anyone have a Triumph email?

No problem with my local dealer D&D Cycles located in Pensacola FL, but as said if the tech had used the correct torque setting all would have been fine nothing at all to do with Triumph.:D

I agree somewhat but even a too tight nut headed plug can be removed without rounding the edges, not the case with the allen heads, they make poor oil and sump plugs which is a design issue example the heads that hold the bottom pan on.

I just got my Rocket III back from the dealer after losing it to them for a month while they replaced the output shaft bearing and installed the upgrade kit.

While I wasn't happy handing over $2204.50 for the pleasure of rewarding Triumph for their design/manufacturing incompetence, (my bike had only done 6000 miles when this disaster occurred, but was well out of warranty) I was more concerned about the front fuel tank mounting screw unscrewing itself at 60 MPH on my way home.

It turns out that the "technician" who'd done the work hadn't tightened either mounting screw, even though an "inspector" had ticked the box on the invoice to say the bike had been checked over before I got it back.

I sincerely hope that the highly trained staff at City Triumph (Peter Stevens) in Melbourne didn't forget to tighten anything else up, I'm doing a 400 mile ride this weekend and I don't need anymore Rocket III woes........... Cheers, Terry. ;D

Was this at Castle in Nashville that did this?

Yes, I like the service desk guys but the guy that does all the Triumph work is somewhat reckless or forgetful. When I first brought it home after the detent spring I discovered the rattle was where the crash bars had been left loose.

I just got my Rocket III back from the dealer after losing it to them for a month while they replaced the output shaft bearing and installed the upgrade kit.

While I wasn't happy handing over $2204.50 for the pleasure of rewarding Triumph for their design/manufacturing incompetence, (my bike had only done 6000 miles when this disaster occurred, but was well out of warranty) I was more concerned about the front fuel tank mounting screw unscrewing itself at 60 MPH on my way home.

It turns out that the "technician" who'd done the work hadn't tightened either mounting screw, even though an "inspector" had ticked the box on the invoice to say the bike had been checked over before I got it back.

I sincerely hope that the highly trained staff at City Triumph (Peter Stevens) in Melbourne didn't forget to tighten anything else up, I'm doing a 400 mile ride this weekend and I don't need anymore Rocket III woes........... Cheers, Terry. ;D

I Check every nuts and bolt that I can get to to ensure it is tight, I dont reslly trust anyone to do this for me as it is ME on the bike, How can it be that Triumph allaws this POOR Quality control to be rampant amongst the majority of their dealer network?
Triumph should be more pro-active in aftersales backup!!

Yep, I agree entirely mate, as an ex-BMW rider I can't believe the difference in the two manufacturers philosophies, BMW would have done all the remediatory work for free, and they would have checked the bike to ensure that everything was perfect before I collected it. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Yep, I agree entirely mate, as an ex-BMW rider I can't believe the difference in the two manufacturers philosophies, BMW would have done all the remediatory work for free, and they would have checked the bike to ensure that everything was perfect before I collected it. Cheers, Terry. ;D

After reading a few reviews I got hot for a new 1600 GT or GTL but was shocked at little leg room each one had, lost the fever very quickly.

After reading a few reviews I got hot for a new 1600 GT or GTL but was shocked at little leg room each one had, lost the fever very quickly.

I don't think I've seen one in the flesh, but AMCN raved about them. I love the S1000RR, but I'm too old and fat to own one. I had "K" series BMW's and they were brilliant, both did over 100,000 miles and neither one had been apart, and I knew I could get on them and ride to Perth or Darwin with no issues at all, which makes my recent Triumph issues all the more disappointing. Cheers, Terry. ;D

I have had fairly good luck with Great Bay motorcycles in NH... But that being said I do my own oil changes and works mostly. I don't trust anyone working on my vehicles be it truck, sled, atv, motorcycle or my pedal bike!

Back