Triumph Dealer Quote

Budski

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket III Touring
I bought my R3T last April and took it in for a general check up. They called me today saying at 20,000 miles they recommend the valve service? Mine has 23K miles. Is a valve service normal or needed it seems to run great but I also dont want damage in the near future if it should be done?

They do recommend it at 20K.
Mine remained quiet, so I waited until 40K to re-adjust.
Only one intake (#3) required just a .003" shim change.

a valve clearance check is done at 10000miles or 16000 kms....they will shim them if needed. Mine is due soon having done 14200 kms now.

a valve clearance check is done at 10000miles or 16000 kms....they will shim them if needed. Mine is due soon having done 14200 kms now.

The 10K mile service for valves was changed to 20k miles a few years ago. The 2013 10K service interval puts the valve check at 20K (miles)

bob

I can't upload the pdf of the service checks so I am trying other things.

Thanks everyone for the information. I took it in for an inspection, when they started rattling all the things they wanted to do I was sceptical of what really needed to be done.

I can't upload the pdf of the service checks so I am trying other things.
I just had a look at the pdf files Bob and it still shows 10000 miles. If you can show me where it changed i would appreciate it...i'm at 14200 kms and am thinking i need to do a service at 16000 kms...will i do it now or when i've done my high country run i'm asking myself?..

I recall it being changed as well, cannot remember where to reference it unfortunately.

Reactions: Tal
I just had my Roadster in and was told that valve adjustment is at 20k.

20,000 miles . Awhile back somebody posted the Memo that updated the valve check from 10,000 to 20,000. This memo was sent to all certified Truimph dealerships to supplement the Manual. This was a few years back so finding it on here would be difficult.