Triumph branded watches, any thought or experiences?

Yeah it is a very notional 200 metres though in pressure = 20ATM with no motion.
As they say 100 metres w/r is good for showering, swimming and snorkling to a real depth of maybe 5 metres only.

200metre 20 ATM will safely go to 10-20 metres as they have screw down crowns usually. The higher the pressure capability is also a very good indicator of tolerance and overall quality as long as it is not simply a con like a Rolex knockoff.
So it’s misleading to say 200m when it really means 20? That’s off by a huge margin.:mad:

So it’s misleading to say 200m when it really means 20? That’s off by a huge margin.:mad:
No the design test is to atmospheres in a sealed chamber with 1 ATM = sea level air pressure of approx 14.7 lbs per sq inch. Pressure increases underwater by approx 1ATM per 10 metres but movement and other factors which reduce the 100% stability of the pressure experienced in a test chamber cause premature failure at lesser depths.

I met a retired deep sea oil industry etc diver once who had about 5 Rolexs and it was apparently a common 'sign on' gift when commencing a new contract. Those Oyster cases really do what they say, but oh boy does somebody pay for it.

No the design test is to atmospheres in a sealed chamber with 1 ATM = sea level air pressure of approx 14.7 lbs per sq inch. Pressure increases underwater by approx 1ATM per 10 metres but movement and other factors which reduce the 100% stability of the pressure experienced in a test chamber cause premature failure at lesser depths.

I met a retired deep sea oil industry etc diver once who had about 5 Rolexs and it was apparently a common 'sign on' gift when commencing a new contract. Those Oyster cases really do what they say, but oh boy does somebody pay for it.
I'm a diver too so I do understand I just did not figure movement under moisture was that much of a multiplying factor. I have one of those Submariners and it has never failed me. I have not dove with it but it has been on wet boat and bike rides and up the gut of many a deer.;)

Dang you all make me feel cheep. I have had this watch about a year and a half. No issues.

Triumph Motorcycle Leather Speedo Watch ~ Brand New in Box~ | eBay
Watches are like bikes a fellow can enjoy a lesser expensive motorcycle just as much as an expensive one. There are some that do however enjoy the more upscale models. I have seen and been apart of the Harley riders that look down in pity on the fellows driving the Japanese machines. I have come out of that type of thinking, thank God, and realize that they enjoy theirs as much as I did my super costly HD CVO.

You wear that proudly and enjoy but do not criticize the bloke wearing the 25K watch.:) The "make me feel" goes both ways.

Watches are like bikes a fellow can enjoy a lesser expensive motorcycle just as much as an expensive one. There are some that do however enjoy the more upscale models. I have seen and been apart of the Harley riders that look down in pity on the fellows driving the Japanese machines. I have come out of that type of thinking, thank God, and realize that they enjoy theirs as much as I did my super costly HD CVO.

You wear that proudly and enjoy but do not criticize the bloke wearing the 25K watch.:) The "make me feel" goes both ways.

Heck with my eye site I cannot see all those little dials. I went back to analog watches because I could not read the LED. :laugh:

Heck with my eye site I cannot see all those little dials. I went back to analog watches because I could not read the LED. :laugh:
Oh I hear ya for sure. One of my latest purchases is a fine beautiful mechanical watch this is worth a few coins but darn it is not easy to read with my old eyes. Last night I was wearing the Omega, the latest one, and went down a dark hall and happened to look down at the new watch. Darn that thing glowed enough to easily read the time in the near dark. I think some watches are to tell time and others are just works of art.:)

Back