cuznjohn

.020 Over
hey guys i really like the look of the 3 k&n filters on the r3 is there a kit that i need to buy for my 08 r3 and does it help hp or is it just for show. also what about riding in the rain, will the intake cause any problems. i also have jardines on the bile full system and a power commander 111 is there a map for that set up. ok thanks for any info and ride safe

Flipmeisters also sells the dry chargers on his site if you are worried about rain coming into the filters. As far as a tune for the PC III, I have some tunes for the PC III for triple filters; however they are also for Pred exhausts and may not do you any good and may make you run rich due to the difference in the exhausts.

Native One

The K&N's also provide intake roar. If you are concerned with rain either use the dry chargers or go under bearclaw (my particular setup). I rode three days in torrential rain (where road spray rooster tails about 30 feet) with zippo problems. Parked over night in the rain, started right up next morning, rode all day (in a monsoon). The only thing negative was how dirty the bike got, it ran flawlessly.

This issue frequently comes up. N1 and I downloaded the available tunes from www.powercommander.com

Go to the race page. There is a tune for triple K&Ns. It is for a D&D exhaust but it would probably be closer than the Pred tune that N1 has.

I have also been wondering if PC would respond to a request for a tune with Jars.

NativeOne said:
Flipmeisters also sells the dry chargers on his site if you are worried about rain coming into the filters. As far as a tune for the PC III, I have some tunes for the PC III for triple filters; however they are also for Pred exhausts and may not do you any good and may make you run rich due to the difference in the exhausts.

Native One

N1, I am getting ready to install the predator exhaust and triple K&Ns on my bike. Can you tell me where you got your tune for the PCIII?

re triple k&n's

thanks for all the input guys i am going to contact powercommander and ask them what they think they have really good support there ride safe

Triple K&N's DO fit under the bearclaw.. if your worried about rain. I cut mine for appearance, but have 2 mates with un-modded claws ( running filters)

reply from powercoriple k&n"s

Our pre developed map # M510-005 is the closest to your setup that we currently have available in our map database library. The air flow characteristics between the two setups should be similar enough for the map to work for you as a starting point You also always have the option to have the bike dyno tuned and custom mapped specifically for your bike's setup and or riding style if you like at one of our approved tuning centers in you local area if you want to get it 100% optimized.

If you have any more questions let us know.

Thanks

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
1-800-992-4993

ride safe

blastedbones said:
Triple K&N's DO fit under the bearclaw.. if your worried about rain. I cut mine for appearance, but have 2 mates with un-modded claws ( running filters)

I have mine under bear claw, I shimmed claw out about a half inch and used black 1/2" foam tape on tank to fill gap. It looks factory and gives plenty of clearance.

Back