Triple K & N's - Rideability

Q 2...

I have the PCv +AT and it seems to work great :D

It is worth the hassle if you want instant Automatic Dyno Tuning on board..more power and smoother ride
The AT module reads the O2 sensor every 60 seconds and updates the AFR map on the Fly as Dynojet put it,

With a PCV +AT you will not need a Dyno.You set the AFR's where you want or use thier mild tune that can be downloaded in short to save you reading pages of posts the PCV was tested and developed on an 09 model hence they say it is for 09 onwards but here's the crunch the 09 has the same plugs, ECU as the earlier ones and besides they still have a **** load of PCIII to get rid of A Couple of us have actually spoken to the tech guys at DynoTune the makers of the PCV and they confirmed it all to us make sure you spend the extra bucks and get the Auto Tune and it will keep your bike running at its best at all times and after you have had it a while you can increase(leaner/ better economy) the AFR values in the tables or decrease the AFR table to richen it up and get more power. it is very simple and if you are not sure you can still take it to a DynoTune shop where they will work out what are the best AFR's for the style of riding you want:cool:

Once again thanks for the upgrade in my knowledge guys!

I just caught the PC3 before it was shipped out to me (it was packed and ready to be picked up by USPS in the shipping department - whew!) and changed my order to a PC5 for exactly the same price. So I'm going to do the triples and add PC5. I'm still not confident about messing with my air/fuel mixtures so I'll take it to a dyno tuner first but, after what you told me, I definitely wanted the ability to dabble with the settings in the future as my confidence grows so this will be great once I add Autotune.

But now I'm thinking about exhaust systems....I have TORS but this is a complete domino effect and extremely addicting. As soon as you do 1 mod you want to do another......

Yeah - weird eh? They seem to be going for around the same price. I paid $290 US for the PC5 - same as I would have paid for the PC3. Lowest price I've seen for the PC5 so far is $285.

Looks like Autotune will be the next buy.....

You have to install the A/T. It's a no brainier to use. Save your money and buy the A/T. Like I said in another post, I know the A/T most likely pisses off the dyno guys, but for a street bike with a do it yourselfer owner, the A/T is just fine. If you want a race bike, or just want to build a tune for some special reason, then go to a Dyno.

Back