Triple K & N's - Rideability

JohnnyCanuck

Supercharged
I had been holding out on taking the plunge to the triples because I couldn't find anyone who had actually dyno'd a Rocket before but that was all cured when I attended the Vancouver Motorcycle show last weekend. So in my giddy excitement I contacted Sidecar Flip and ordered all 5 filters (he was great by the way as everyone has said) and picked up a PC III (I need the simplest option possible so no Tune ECU or Tuneboy for me). My last lingering doubt before I actually rip out the guts under the tank is whether I will be sacrificing rideability at all by going the triple route. One of the things I love about the Rocket is that it is as docile as you want it to be and a beast at the simple turn of the wrist. Will I still have the best of both worlds with a slightly better world on the beast side of things? Also, do I need any items other than the 5 filters and PC III for the job? Thanks!

No and yes you will need some tools, spare parts or drinks to fill the empty filter box. As well as something to fill in your time when removing the plug's for replacement as you wont have to remove the air-box over the engine.:)

Mine runs way better now than it did with that factory suffication box in there
take the plunge mate
and while your at it replace the factory boat anchor exhaust system and cat box with a desent one :cool:

If you want to make it run smoother - or rather be more responsive to what you're doing with the throttle - remove or disable secondaries. If you don't want to fiddle with TuneBoy or Tune ECU, get a GIpro too.

Awesome! I just needed some positive reassurance before taking the final step. I already have TORS, the cat delete and Gi Pro so I'm really looking forward to doing the triples and taking it to the next level. I didn't really notice much of a difference with Gi Pro - it might be whatever tune the dealership put in for the TORS that is negating the Gi Pro impact? Hopefully that all changes when I remove the secondaries and get it dyno'd!

Pcv and a/t

Just my two cents,,,,, go with the PCV and the A/T,,,,not the PC3. The new unit is worth the money for us "Do it yourselfers!" If you have not installed the PC3 unit yet,,,,take it back and get the PCV and the A/T!!! You will be GLAD you did! This is the best set up for us old guys who are marginal with computers! Plus it tunes itself! What more could you ask for? :D

I had the Gi Pro on the #3 setting but just didn't feel any significant difference.

I was under the impression that PC V is not compatible with Rockets older than 2009? I have a 2008.

Yes the PCV will fit the older than 2009 R3's. We just hashed that out on another thread. It was verified by a couple of members. It's a "Plug and play " unit.

Crap! I must have missed this thread. Could someone point me to it? Next question then is, what is the benefit of PC V over PC III? I'm assuming it will be worth the hassle of packing up and returning my poor PCIII. Thanks.

Back