Transmission shafts circlips: correct orientation of ?

I am in the process of installing the engine update kit..I did start a thread asking for advice on the torsional damper bearing and luckily R-III-R Turbo replied
with some great photos covering the replacement of the bearings..The bearing didn't feel too bad until i cleaned them with petrol.
The new updated rear torsional damper shaft bearing on the rear of the shaft is a grease packed version. This mean you will see now roller balls of the. Earing because it is double sealed and pack with grease. Triumph found out not enough oil was migrating to the rear bearing. Even if the front bearing is installed so it could get fed with oil. If the front is installed backwords the only oil it would see would be by shear luck . Arthur aka r3rturbo is well versed. Following his advice is a smart choice. But if your rear beaing on the shaft is open oil lube. I would pull it and install the updated double sealed grease packed bearing while it is out of the bike.

The new updated rear torsional damper shaft bearing on the rear of the shaft is a grease packed version. This mean you will see now roller balls of the. Earing because it is double sealed and pack with grease. Triumph found out not enough oil was migrating to the rear bearing. Even if the front bearing is installed so it could get fed with oil. If the front is installed backwords the only oil it would see would be by shear luck . Arthur aka r3rturbo is well versed. Following his advice is a smart choice. But if your rear beaing on the shaft is open oil lube. I would pull it and install the updated double sealed grease packed bearing while it is out of the bike.
Yes that's the plan to change both the bearings...Also doing the second gear and timing chain guides etc.

Hi Martin,Yes i was there on that ride and my brother came along too...It was great to put faces to names.. Hopefully we can all do another ride out in the near future..
My rocket is a 2007 and never had the update kit fitted..The original large bearing was open both sides now the updated bearings are sealed.The smaller bearing has a shield
on one side and that's the bearing that gets fitted the wrong was around..The photo of mine shows it is fitted the wrong way around.
WP_20210124_007.jpg
Sorry mate, how can you tell it was fitter wrong, if both faces have “dust covers”?

Back