Bob spruce

Rocketpilot
Ride
05 Rocket
05 Classic. I put in a new clutch and detent spring. I have put it all back together. And it's not engaging the transmission. Will move to neutral, but when you click first at acts like it is going into gear. But it's not.
Is that a clutch cable adjustment?. I replaced the cable also.

Do you have any freeplay in the clutch cable (should be at least 2 mm)? If not, your clutch isn't fully engaging. Try loosening the cable housing.

Do the marks on the actuator shaft and lever align?
Been working with him off line @mr hunt he has the early 04 style lifter shaft arm. Which was not made with alignment marks only the shaft has it. He did the clutch with the torsional damper bearings. And whilst he was in there he decided to change the detent spring ( not sure why his was fine and orignal ) anyway new fibers MTC no anti judder crap. And when he got it together it wouldn't shift. At all when it did it felt like it was in neutral. Anyway been two days since we talked. I had him remove the clutch and basket. Verified the bike would shift rear wheel up and hand rotating the input shaft found every gear. And he watched the detent goodie index. Anyway last we talked I wanted him to install the clutch amd go back and check all gears. No clutch cover so I told him he will have to rock the rear wheel to check shifting. Haven't hear back from him yet. Hopefull something simple. I'm glad I got a pm from him so as not to confuse him with the guy I'm helping with a munched transmission the cir-clip went on walk about :) at least one of the three feelers im helping us riding his now. I hope to get as good as results.

Last edited:
Well he's in good hands then...happy trouble shooting and i too hope it's an easy fix!

Well he's in good hands then...happy trouble shooting and i too hope it's an easy fix!
I hope so this long distance diagnosis can be dificult at times. I'm also finding age is creeping up on my mind. Or its been 5 years since I retired and some of my memory storage is corrupted :D

Ain't the old age stuff a real beech? It used to be comical to me, then a bit frustrating, now just a complete pain in the backside. Exactly like a very old computer, that has run out of memory. To put something new in, you have to first delete something old, and hope you never need it again.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Back