Trans.wont go into any gear ???

Bubba

Camo Rocket
Ride
2007 classic dipped in Gods country camo,with a Calif. sidecar soon to be dipped as well
2007 Rocket classic. was going 70 MPH when it seemed like I Pulled clutch in (High rev) let off on throttle and Back on and it took off for about 10 miles then did it again this time nothing to rear wheel Engine running But wont engage in any Gear ,Still strong Clutch lever tension...It seems to shift into 1st..2nd gear but wont go into 3rd.Triumph says 4,000.00 to fix HELP !!! and when I push the Bike it Free wheels like no resistance !! easier than ever before ......

i would guess something in the clutch system
r u saying that it will work in 1st and 2nd?

i would guess something in the clutch system
r u saying that it will work in 1st and 2nd?
NO is seems like it will shift into 1st and 2nd , But still nothing when letting out on clutch Lever ...if it was clutch wouldn't it still go into gear like clutch lever released ????

NO is seems like it will shift into 1st and 2nd , But still nothing when letting out on clutch Lever ...if it was clutch wouldn't it still go into gear like clutch lever released ????
if the clutch lever is adjusted to tight the the clutch will not hold
for test purposes adjust the cable to have about 3/8 inch free play.
post pic of clutch arm going into motor.

I'll throw out another idea, are there any noises coming from the bike when you let out the clutch in gear with engine running? If the driveshaft to final drive coupling splines were gone you would have no drive but a normal feel to the clutch lever. Probably have some noise in the rear area though with the splines/coupling slipping??? Just guessing here.

You said the dealership quoted $4000 to repair. Did they tell you what the failure was along with the repair estimate?

Ah crap man, that's bad luck for the ol' camo girl. It sounds more transmission than clutch to me. I've had transmission issues and have gone through the rocket right of passage of removing engine and doing transmission rebuild. $4k is probably a ballpark to remove the engine and do a transmission rebuild. The fact that you can select 1,2 but not other gears is interesting suggesting to me it's not the transmission damper.

Ah crap man, that's bad luck for the ol' camo girl. It sounds more transmission than clutch to me. I've had transmission issues and have gone through the rocket right of passage of removing engine and doing transmission rebuild. $4k is probably a ballpark to remove the engine and do a transmission rebuild. The fact that you can select 1,2 but not other gears is interesting suggesting to me it's not the transmission damper.
well My friend I also have right to Passage ,as I had problems with tourqe nut in rear.came loose.SO Im not willing to pull again by myself......how do you get to detent spring. and yes was Ball park figure...

Back