TPS voltage readings in Tune ECU

Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
Dear Brains trust,

been looking for the answer to this but haven’t found it. I did adjusted my TPS and stepper voltages using the feature in Tune ECU

I had .601 for TPS and .718 for stepper.

If I go to the sensors screen in tune ecu however when the bike isn’t running it shows a TPS voltage of .655 when I run the bike it goes back to .601? Is variance in voltages on different tune ecu screens usual?

I have had some slight idle hanging when coming to a stop that I thought I cured but it seems to have reappeared despite checking it, doing the adaptation etc. also I have noticed that after I reset the TPS/ISCV my tps shows it’s at 0% again when bike not running but after riding it’s at 1.2%???

I’ve got a new TPS on order. Just curious about the differences in voltages on different tune ecu screens - does everyone else get this?

Attachments

• 09DD2126-4B6C-4D73-B822-72CB288534A3.jpeg
    09DD2126-4B6C-4D73-B822-72CB288534A3.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 38957EDD-A2C1-40CB-9F60-79689126A54C.jpeg
    38957EDD-A2C1-40CB-9F60-79689126A54C.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 32
Are you sure your lockdown screw isnt changing voltages when you snug up. If its in tolerance its ok number wise, not saying tps is or isnt ok but in that tolerance is ok. Are your throttle bodies balanced? Have you messed with that?

Dear Brains trust,

been looking for the answer to this but haven’t found it. I did adjusted my TPS and stepper voltages using the feature in Tune ECU

I had .601 for TPS and .718 for stepper.

If I go to the sensors screen in tune ecu however when the bike isn’t running it shows a TPS voltage of .655 when I run the bike it goes back to .601? Is variance in voltages on different tune ecu screens usual?

I have had some slight idle hanging when coming to a stop that I thought I cured but it seems to have reappeared despite checking it, doing the adaptation etc. also I have noticed that after I reset the TPS/ISCV my tps shows it’s at 0% again when bike not running but after riding it’s at 1.2%???

I’ve got a new TPS on order. Just curious about the differences in voltages on different tune ecu screens - does everyone else get this?
That 1.2% is throttle open 1.2%, twist it and it changes, the 0, 0 throttle opening its not tps value there

Are you sure your lockdown screw isnt changing voltages when you snug up. If its in tolerance its ok number wise, not saying tps is or isnt ok but in that tolerance is ok. Are your throttle bodies balanced? Have you messed with that?
Throttle bodies are spot on... all cylinders running at 610 once warmed up.
Is the throttle percentage thing an issue? Does that mean I need to adjust something else? I don’t get why it is zero once the reset is done but then later become 1.2% after a ride around the block?

I’m just guessing the tps may have an issue as it hangs for a few seconds at 1100-1200rpm or so as I pull up then drops back to normal idle around 850rpm

lockdown screw isn’t changing the values... I checked it afterwards... however I note that all you have to do is put a bit of pressure on the tps and the voltage changes.... I’m guessing that’s normal ... thing is very sensitive can’t help but wonder though that if it’s that sensitive how is it not affected by riding conditions? Also don’t get how in the sensors screen it shows a higher voltage of .655 (forgot to take a picture of that) with bike not running but once I start it up the voltage goes to .601?

the main issue that’s bothering me is the idle hang....

Last edited:
The percentage thing 0 or 1.6% is just what it sees throttle at if you twist it wot it might show 98. The tps should lock down where it does not change but that can get messed up. Your tps volts seems ok to me. What this idle hang thang?

The percentage thing 0 or 1.6% is just what it sees throttle at if you twist it wot it might show 98. The tps should lock down where it does not change but that can get messed up. Your tps volts seems ok to me. What this idle hang thang?
Re throttle percentage - when I twist it , WOT shows 100%

Re idle hang - I don’t know, all I can tell you is the bike started to be slower to drop back to normal idle when I come to a stop. It will feel normal running, I go to come to a stop, the Rpms come down to around 12-1300rpm, sit there for 10-20seconds after becoming stationary ....

I did the reset and it started to idle normally, but the problem has returned without touching anything.... so I tried to do another reset but the problem has continued... this is why I’m wondering if my primary tps has a problem?

100% nice, the idle thing could be your stepper motor, unfortunately it probably could use to be cleaned wd40 and air and it has a cam that has a gap setting that probably should be checked, it controls idle, its hard to see it to do that stuff but if you get to it you can check it out. Idk has a manual in his signature if you dont. Others that know way more will come across your thread, tons of info on this subject for the taking in the forum cloud😀

One thing to also look at is the actual mechanical linkages as @idk stated. It could be hanging up at the stepper but also at the cable linkage. Is there free play in your throttle cables? The cables shouldn't be string tight but have some slack. Also is there any binding in your throttle grip bushing, restricting the return? Shot in the dark here.

Also, you have approximately .60 and .72 volts for stop and stepper voltages. Looks good. I'm learning here too so my question, is the .60 voltage actually 0% throttle and the .72 voltage 1.2% or is 0% throttle .72?

Last edited:
just my pinion no proof to back it up
the voltage was apx .060 and .070 this is voltage
the 1 and the 1.2 is the percent of throttle open and may vary each time u open and close throttle. i would not worry about the difference
someone already told u to spray all the linkage especially where the cables comes in and i would also suggest u wot and then let it fly shut and repeat several times. this may clear the linkage or the tps from sticking.
also pull the rubber back on the stepper motor and spray wd40 then wot and do key on and off a few times.

Back