Tune ECU Map

The motor itself is the SAME.....The ECM (brain) contains programing that determines the HP and Torque curves.....

The motor itself is the SAME.....The ECM (brain) contains programing that determines the HP and Torque curves.....
If the compression ratios and internals are the same then I think this will be safe. I don't ride 2 up anyone and just want the extra power.

I saved factory map and it did load the roadster map. Started right up and sounds fine. Been pouring rain in NC for 3 days so no road test yet!
I've ridden it now about 200 miles and the roadster tune works great. Noticeable change in the mid range. Motors are the exact same. They just tune them different.

Last edited:
What roadster map did you load? Year, number, Did you do the compare maps in tune ecu? I expect both tunes have abs?
20352 is the map I used. It's listed on the tune ecu list under the roadster. After looking at options this seamed like the best option. My bike is the last year of no abs so that I don't know. BTW you can reset adaptations inside TuneEcu instead of doing that 12 minute tune!

Going back and reading thru threads on this, if the touring doesn’t have abs and the roadster tune you used did, then the maps shouldn’t compare in tune ecu compare maps section, it would be blank as what ive read up on this. 04 to 09 rockets were very specific and could not use other tunes as they would lock up ecu. Just learning from what you’ve obviously made work. Just wanting to dig into this to learn.

Back