TPMS Installed and I like it.

Starmanut

Nitrous
Ride
2010 Rocket III Touring, Suzuki Boulevard M50
Hi Caps.
Thought I'd drop a note on a TPMS system I've had for a few weeks. Works great so far.
IMG_1831.JPG
There are ones out there that interface with your phone (FOBO), but I didn't want that, since I keep my phone in my pocket. This one uses still blue tooth to read the sensors, and is always right where I can see it.
It does have an alarm, but the settings are for similar tires (same pressure rating). And since the pressure is different in each tire, have to find a happy medium for the alarm function. (low=33 psi, hi=44 psi for the Touring). I don't need the alarm since the pressures are always right in front of me anyway.

There's a mini usb port in the display to recharge it's Li-Po battery. I have not had to use that yet. It shuts itself of when still for a minute or so. Comes back on when it senses movement.

I didn't want to have to remove the sensors everytime the tires needed air, so I looked into a screw on T-Valve Stem setup. A screw on, because one mounted IN the rim would not allow room on the Touring wheel to fit the sensor on it. But then there is the issue of the addon Tee clearing the brake calipers on the front rim. The rear is fine because it is wider. I looked at the one available from FOBO but was afraid it might be a bit too long. I found a right compact one in Seattle, and ordered a couple. (Tacoma Screw Company's website). A little pricey but they clear!
T-Valve_Sensor_TacomaScrewa.jpg

This one clears the caliper by about 1/4 inch. :)
IMG_1880.JPG

As stated the rear is no problem:
IMG_1832.JPG

And that small one inch extension makes getting to the valves when they do need air 100% better!!
Cost me about $50 on Amazon for the Kit. But $37 for the T-Valves (with shipping).

They are accurate to within a pound and shows the temperature, too. I may put a smaller handle bar mount so it does not stick out so far, but as it is I like it just fine.
Will update here if I have any issues.

Good one, I put the same unit on my Roadster last year. No issues fitting for me. One thing I have noticed is that it take a bit of time for the sensor to update initially. But it is great just to look and see your tire pressure, temp, and a warning if the pressure is too low, could save a run off with a low tire in a turn.

Hoopla

So having had it now for a while, is it waterproof do you think?...and does it unclip easily so you can slip it in your jacket if you stop at a cafe or similar..?..cheers

It removes easy. It screws on to a bolt (part of the mount) with a wheel behind to tighten against it. Just a few turns and it's off or on.

I have the Garmin Zumo 395LM and the tire pressure sensors. This has been a good combination for me. I like the idea of the T-valve stem set up. Would not have to take the sensor off to add air. Does the higher pressure of the air hose affect the sensor? Do they have much effect on balance?

Last edited:
I have had no issues. My compressor is 100-120 PSI and haven't noticed any ill effects. I have Ride-on in my tires to balance them (and stop air leaks). But the makers of them claim they are light enough to not affect the balance.

I have had no issues. My compressor is 100-120 PSI and haven't noticed any ill effects. I have Ride-on in my tires to balance them (and stop air leaks). But the makers of them claim they are light enough to not affect the balance.

Thanks. I use Ride-On as well. I will give this a shot.

@Starmanut I got the screw on T-valve stems and put them on. They work like a charm. These were a great find. They make it much easier to add/remove air to/from the tires.

I have been using an Accugage with extension hose for the rear and just the Accugage for the front. There was a 1.5-2 lb difference between the Accugage and the Garmin TPS readings (Accugage is higher). I would put air in the tires, put on the TPS, check the reading on the Garmin GPS, then either loosen the TPS to let air out or take off TPS to add more air. With the TPS on the T-valve, it is much easier to add/remove air without having to mess with the TPS.

Went on a 130 mile ride and the balance of the tires was unaffected by the T-valve stems.

Thanks for posting about these T-valve stems.

Back