TPMS Installed and I like it.

Here's a link to the one I bought on Amazon:

And the link to where I got the shorty T-Valve:
Sensor T-Valve Stem

A less expensive T-valve may still work, but I did not want to take any chances.
They cleared on a Touring. A Roadster or others may have a different clearance at the brake calipers.

Noticed that the alarm will go off on longer rides when the high is set at 44PSI (Got up to 49 PSI on the highway with the heat build up) so I may up that a bit.

I am running Exedra Max radials on my R3T with 40 psi in the front and 42 psi in the rear. Once the tires warm up, the pressure can get to 45 psi in the front and 51 psi in the rear.
Ouch - that is a heavy rise. Not seen those pressure / temperature rises since I ditched Metzlers.

What tyres? - 5psi is a fair bit - does the TPMS give you the internal air temp?

I have Avon Cobra's front and rear. If I remember right the temp was 79F in front and 90F rear. Outside air temp about 60 degrees. I was surprised that it increased that much, but that also depends on the accuracy of the sensors...

Ouch - that is a heavy rise. Not seen those pressure / temperature rises since I ditched Metzlers.

When I ran my Avon Cobras, with 38 psi front and 44 psi rear, I saw similar increases in pressure. I am in Florida and it is approaching 90° Fahrenheit now. When it is cooler, it will be less. These are the highest temps I have seen. Basically, about a 10% increase in front pressure and a 20% increase in rear pressure from cold.

@Starmanut How are those T-valves working for you now that you have had them for a few weeks? I am wondering if there is any possible air loss on the nut. It looks from the supplier website that the nut spins on the T-valve so I am curious if it could cause a slight leak (like extremely slow, but still there).

@Starmanut How are those T-valves working for you now that you have had them for a few weeks? I am wondering if there is any possible air loss on the nut. It looks from the supplier website that the nut spins on the T-valve so I am curious if it could cause a slight leak (like extremely slow, but still there).

They work great. I have not had to add air since I put them on. Nor have I had to charge the battery in the display unit, either.

I have been using them and have no loss of pressure. They also did not change the balance of the tires. I do use Ride-On sealant which also acts as a tire balancer.

Back