Battersea

Turbocharged
I have a 2009 R3C and am looking to replace the three silencers and cat with a complete Roadster exhaust, this would be from the header back plus TORS silencers.

Is there anyone on here that has TORS on their Roadster and can tell me where the "NOT FOR ROAD USE" markings are stamped on the silencers please.

The MOT centres around here are very hot on noisy exhausts and give an immediate 'fail' if silencers have such markings even if they are not that noisy, I need to see if they can be easily hidden.

headers

the original headers stay,ive heard these pipes and there not to loud,quiter than the 3 into one dennis foran muffler that i have

I just ordered a set from K North UK dealers on ebay but they are in transit to Oz.. but I was told or read that the stamp is underneath near the end. Nobody cares much in Oz it seems the noisier the better :D

On mine they are stamped on the bottom of each muffler. They aren't that loud until you get on it. Personally I didn't want a loud exhaust like Jardines or Staintune so I went with the TORS. The TORS still have a drone which accumulates in my helmet but it isn't over bearing. I could imagine it would be pretty rough with the other mufflers mentioned. On long trips loud exhaust can cause fatigue. I know because I used to have a motorcycle that was loud. I had to wear ear plugs.

Mully, have you heard the Stain Tunes on a Roadster, I know what you mean by to loud, I had a set of Cobras on a Harley Sportster which drove me made.
I was about to buy a Stain Tune system but have never had to opportunity to hear them on a Roadster.

On mine they are stamped on the bottom of each muffler. They aren't that loud until you get on it. Personally I didn't want a loud exhaust like Jardines or Staintune so I went with the TORS. The TORS still have a drone which accumulates in my helmet but it isn't over bearing. I could imagine it would be pretty rough with the other mufflers mentioned. On long trips loud exhaust can cause fatigue. I know because I used to have a motorcycle that was loud. I had to wear ear plugs.

My sentiments entirely, had noisy exhausts for years on my Harley's - in the end you just get fed up with it. They say 'load pipes saves lives', they don't save your hearing though, the ringing in your ears lasts for hours after a few hundred miles . :mad:

Could I trouble you further and ask for some measurements please, or even a photo showing the proximity to the mounting brackets. Before I spend £700 on this mod I'm trying to work out if I can make a curved sheet metal shield that would drop from the brackets and wrap under the silencer where the markings are. This way the shield would have to be removed for the markings to be seen, unlikely an MOT tester would do that.

I just ordered a set from K North UK dealers on ebay but they are in transit to Oz.. but I was told or read that the stamp is underneath near the end. Nobody cares much in Oz it seems the noisier the better :D

Interested to know why you bought from the UK, did they do a good deal for you? If so would be interested in their phone number. ;)

Interested to know why you bought from the UK, did they do a good deal for you? If so would be interested in their phone number. ;)

I have PM you the details and my deal :)

I didn't get the Twisted Sister Upgrade too bloody expensive even though I hear its better on performance, I will keep the cat in place and hopfully I get a nice noise and little better perfomance with a PC tune or a PV5 + AT or similar, get into it maybe when I get back from Japan in April .

Mully, have you heard the Stain Tunes on a Roadster, I know what you mean by to loud, I had a set of Cobras on a Harley Sportster which drove me made.
I was about to buy a Stain Tune system but have never had to opportunity to hear them on a Roadster.

Yes I have. I was at PowerTripp performance and Wayne fired up a Roadster with the full Staintune exhaust. We was talking about the TORS or the Staintune exhaust because I was interested in removing the stock type exhaust from my Roadster. So he fired one up for me to hear. After I heard it I new I didn't want anything that loud. It sounds really good but I would only want to ride it on short trips. It's not as loud as a Harley because they have the V-twin engine but in R3 world it is louder than TORS.

My sentiments entirely, had noisy exhausts for years on my Harley's - in the end you just get fed up with it. They say 'load pipes saves lives', they don't save your hearing though, the ringing in your ears lasts for hours after a few hundred miles . :mad:

Could I trouble you further and ask for some measurements please, or even a photo showing the proximity to the mounting brackets. Before I spend £700 on this mod I'm trying to work out if I can make a curved sheet metal shield that would drop from the brackets and wrap under the silencer where the markings are. This way the shield would have to be removed for the markings to be seen, unlikely an MOT tester would do that.

Sure.... I will help you. When I get a chance I will take some pictures of the bracket locations.

I'm not sure this will help but it might. I ordered the Stiantune crossover then ordered the TORS exhaust. Everything goes together with no problems. The crossover deletes the flow restrictive stock crossover (2010 model Roadster). Picture of it is below. If you want to order it the part number is on this web page.

Link Removed

Attachments

• Staitune crossover.jpg
    Staitune crossover.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 210
Sure.... I will help you. When I get a chance I will take some pictures of the bracket locations.

Really appreciate your help.

Not sure if I made it clear in my request but its the position of the markings relative to the bracket locations I'm after. :eek:

Thanks

Edit: Looked at the Staintune UK dealer website, have to say their silencers for the Roadster looked really good and sound level just right at 1db more than standard - price was a bit off putting though at £950 + delivery. :eek:

Have emailed them for a price for the collector eliminator only - I will need something to connect the silencers what ever way I go, Triumph collector is £125.

Last edited:
Back