Really appreciate your help.

Not sure if I made it clear in my request but its the position of the markings relative to the bracket locations I'm after. :eek:

Thanks

Edit: Looked at the Staintune UK dealer website, have to say their silencers for the Roadster looked really good and sound level just right at 1db more than standard - price was a bit off putting though at £950 + delivery. :eek:

Have emailed them for a price for the collector eliminator only - I will need something to connect the silencers what ever way I go, Triumph collector is £125.

You might be shocked but I paid £383 for the collector eliminator if I remember correctly. It wasn't cheap I do remember that. If I knew how to weld, bend pipe, etc... I would be making these things and selling them.

So you are wanting to know where the brackets are mounted to the bike? The measurements from one solid location to where the bracket is located?

You might be shocked but I paid £383 for the collector eliminator if I remember correctly.

:eek: £383 - I will likely be using the standard Triumph part then.

So you are wanting to know where the brackets are mounted to the bike? The measurements from one solid location to where the bracket is located?

No not quite. I need to know the distance from the rear of the silencer to the 'Not For Road Use' marking, and then the distance from the rear of the silencer to bracket where it fixes to the frame - I think that is also where the pillion footrest is mounted.

If the marking is on the bottom of the silencer and pretty much lines up with the where the mounting bracket bolts to the frame I will be able to make a sheet metal plate to drop down the back of the silencer, wrap underneath and mast the marking.

Edit: Thinking about - I don't need measurements. :eek: If you just could let me know if the markings are on the bottom and if they line up with the pillion footrests that would be enough.

:eek: £383 - I will likely be using the standard Triumph part then.

I would still get a price from them. It might be cheaper since you live in that country.

No not quite. I need to know the distance from the rear of the silencer to the 'Not For Road Use' marking, and then the distance from the rear of the silencer to bracket where it fixes to the frame - I think that is also where the pillion footrest is mounted.

If the marking is on the bottom of the silencer and pretty much lines up with the where the mounting bracket bolts to the frame I will be able to make a sheet metal plate to drop down the back of the silencer, wrap underneath and mast the marking.

Edit: Thinking about - I don't need measurements. :eek: If you just could let me know if the markings are on the bottom and if they line up with the pillion footrests that would be enough.

Ok

Let me get this straight. Are you doing away with the triple exhaust and want to go to the modern two exhaust look?

Interested to know why you bought from the UK, did they do a good deal for you? If so would be interested in their phone number. ;)

My TORs arrived today Battersea in less than:D 5 days UK to Oz.. now that was quick !!

I just checked for you "Not For Road Use" is printed not stamped underneath at the slash end.. with a little chrome cleaner you could easily polish it out..Gone forever:)

But.. MOT..if they where to run a check on the bore their probe would go through to the exhaust valves as they are straight through pipes.

Hope this helps..

Edited..
Just fitted the Tors, Noisy.. but, not too noisy with the cat in place, power feels like it's doubled big improvement..happy with it so far :cool:
I like the original 3 splayed style..3 times the noise:rolleyes:

Yes, I just hate the splayed-out look of the triple exhaust.

I know the feeling.

If this link will work it is the exploded view of the 2010 Roadster and later exhaust system. I would think you could buy the brackets 35 and 36 and you would be miles ahead of the game. If the link doesnt work on here I could send it to via email if you give me your email address. It might work might not.

Google Translate prev=/search%3Fq%3Dt2209830%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Db7s%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USofficial%26prmd%3Divns

Here are some pics in which I did some measuring. Not much help I guess.

Attachments

• edited.JPG
    edited.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC03368.JPG
    DSC03368.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 138
My TORs arrived today Battersea in less than:D 5 days UK to Oz.. now that was quick !!
5 days :eek: thats probably quicker than I would get them and I'm only 250 miles away from.

I just checked for you "Not For Road Use" is printed not stamped underneath at the slash end.. with a little chrome cleaner you could easily polish it out..Gone forever:)

But.. MOT..if they where to run a check on the bore their probe would go through to the exhaust valves as they are straight through pipes.

Hope this helps..
If you look at the left pic on mully's post that follows yours, you will see what looks like a label between the two brackets, is your marking the same as that? If it is, just wondered why yours is on the slash end? In any case I would have thought a bit of thinners would soon get rid.

As for the MOT, Ive never had anything poked up the silencers before so don't think it will be an issue.

I know the feeling.

If this link will work it is the exploded view of the 2010 Roadster and later exhaust system. I would think you could buy the brackets 35 and 36 and you would be miles ahead of the game. If the link doesnt work on here I could send it to via email if you give me your email address. It might work might not.

Google Translate prev=/search%3Fq%3Dt2209830%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Db7s%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USofficial%26prmd%3Divns

Here are some pics in which I did some measuring. Not much help I guess.

The link didn't work but no matter really as I copied a complete parts breakdown for the Roadster exhaust from a Triumph dealer site. Basically I need to buy everything from the manifold (header) back - collector, heat shields, clamps etc etc etc.

Actually the left pic is perfect and I can now see that a mask would be easy to make/fit. However as Dennsell wrote in his post, it looks like the markings are on a label which should be relatively easy to remove. A bit puzzled why yours is in the centre between the brackets and his is on the slash end. :confused:

Anyway guys a big thanks, :bch: I now feel confident enough to commit the funds. Just a little worried that they will be a bit too loud, but I reckon I could make a simple short baffle to fit in the outlet pipes if necessary.

5 days :eek: thats probably quicker than I would get them and I'm only 250 miles away from.

If you look at the left pic on mully's post that follows yours, you will see what looks like a label between the two brackets, is your marking the same as that? If it is, just wondered why yours is on the slash end? In any case I would have thought a bit of thinners would soon get rid.

As for the MOT, Ive never had anything poked up the silencers before so don't think it will be an issue.

The link didn't work but no matter really as I copied a complete parts breakdown for the Roadster exhaust from a Triumph dealer site. Basically I need to buy everything from the manifold (header) back - collector, heat shields, clamps etc etc etc.

Actually the left pic is perfect and I can now see that a mask would be easy to make/fit. However as Dennsell wrote in his post, it looks like the markings are on a label which should be relatively easy to remove. A bit puzzled why yours is in the centre between the brackets and his is on the slash end. :confused:

Anyway guys a big thanks, :bch: I now feel confident enough to commit the funds. Just a little worried that they will be a bit too loud, but I reckon I could make a simple short baffle to fit in the outlet pipe if necessary.

Yes the same and thinners would probably do it..When I was in the UK left in 81, the police carried a rod in their car and if you where stopped for excessive noise you got Poked.. but in them days Hospital areas had Noise Control signs on the block saying
Hospital Quite Please. LOL nobody cares nowadays :(

Anyway hope all goes well :D

Battersea, you just need to put a bit of tape over the offending statement. The tester is not allowed to remove the tape to look underneath, then remove tape after test... job done.
I didn't like the three pipe look so fitted the shorties, available on ebay for a lot less than you are looking at.
Here is how it looks from both sides, and it is quieter than the cat bypass and tors I took off and also passes the noise regulations.

Hope this helps..

Edited..
Just fitted the Tors, Noisy.. but, not too noisy with the cat in place, power feels like it's doubled big improvement..happy with it so far :cool:
I like the original 3 splayed style..3 times the noise:rolleyes:

When you gear down does it pop through the exhaust? If so you might be running to lean. Whenever you add or take away from a motorcycle exhaust you need to change the tune. Talk to your local dealership they suppose to give you the tune for the TORS exhaust for FREE! I didn't use the free tune since I use TuneECU and enriched it up that way.

I bet that bike sounds better than it ever has. The exhaust on these bikes are really restrictive..... mainly the crossover.

Back