Torque loss-RU 2780's

I do not know. "they" have never been in contact with me.
Nev - I will chase them later today
I know they were sending mails to your web e-mail address - as they asked Colin to check (because they bounced), and he asked on here.
I assumed therefore they had contacted you. Both Colin and I pushed for you and Wayne to receive samples.
What's your email address? - Chris

Details that will alter mapping:
  • Change in temperature of fuel.
  • Change in temperature of air.
  • Length - pulse tuning change.
  • Change in air flow.
Yup - there were minor changes everywhere as the bloody temperature halved and it stared to rain - but there were one or two 10-15 point jumps up at specific RPMS.
My Plan is to get another GOOD blast in tomorrow as the weather is ideal (2 tank fulls) - Can I send you the TuneECU and PC5 map bits? Just FYI.

I do not know. "they" have never been in contact with me.

I'm pretty pissed off with that news Nev, both Chris and myself have explained to them that if they are serious about getting into the Oz market they couldn't make a better choice than to get you involved. I cant understand the delay because they asked me if I had your email address. When I passed it on we talked at some length about your and Wayne's involvement.

They are a small and very busy company, quite often they get calls from big names that demand an immediate response - Aston Martin was the last one which is why the filter is running late now. Maybe this has happened again but that doesn't excuse the lack of a quick contact to explain.

I know Chris has emailed them today about this, I will also call them today - I need to speak to them anyway about info I still haven't got for the installation instructions.

From tomorrow I will be out of circulation for a few days, going in for my op.

Last edited:
So - Spoke with RAMAIR. Seems we have some lost emails - but I've given them the one Nev has supplied and they will be in touch. They're shipping one out to Wayne later this week and have one put aside for Nev.

But as the emails they've sent bounced - they did not just want to ship a filter to the website address in case Nev has moved - fair imo.

They HOPE to have professional photos etc done by Friday - the photographer was there whilst we talked. One interesting fact - the filter will come pre-treated for dusty environments. No NEED to oil.

Also they're just finishing the launch marketing bumpf. There will be an official launch date (SOON) - with a pre-order incentive. At the moment they're in full production to ensure they have enough for launch date. As soon as it's ready - I'll receive it and will post it. They hope to have this done by EOD today - I will be gadding about tomorrow anyway - so hopefully will post FRIDAY (Europe time)

Also they've promised to send me an article (not from them) on the differences between foam and cotton filters. If it's not too long I'll upload it somewhere.

Back