Torn Up but Not for Long

Any news?
It’s still at the shop. The new pistons are in but they had to order new head bolts last week. They may have to wait for warmer weather to tune properly. It’s going a bit slow but they are the only game in town.

You guys stop scaring Mel! They have a towell over the front fender, a 4x4 and a 1x1 wood block setup................. and a freakin Snap On tool box for crise sake!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p

Look forward to the results, happy to see another rocket going under the knife.

Sheesh, if you all had seen my garage when I did my bike you'd have had a heart attack. Now that I've done an R3 motor, on the second one I've literally just been throwing all the pieces and bolts in one giant tub.

Yes, I remember where they all go, but, I'm sure it'd freak out any customer if it were customer's bike lol. 99% of this motor can only go together in one way, it's actually pretty hard to screw it up.

...Let me at it!!!..i could screw it up in no time!!!.....i wouldnt sleep again worrying about what went where!!!
i take my hat off to you guys who can put mechanical things together and smile when it all works...wiping oil from your hands and nodding knowingly...very jealous i am!
My sentiments entirely Tal...

20180123_181747.jpg

You guys stop scaring Mel! They have a towell over the front fender, a 4x4 and a 1x1 wood block setup................. and a freakin Snap On tool box for crise sake!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p

Wooden blocks? Pffft amateurs

Good to hear, shouldn't be too much longer. I bought that same Snap-on when I was about 23 years old (6 months ago). If they have problems, just PM someone

...Let me at it!!!..i could screw it up in no time!!!.....i wouldnt sleep again worrying about what went where!!!
i take my hat off to you guys who can put mechanical things together and smile when it all works...wiping oil from your hands and nodding knowingly...very jealous i am!
Feel the same here. I appreciate all the advice on frame coating and gear work but I'm going to have to let the wallet rest a bit. After the suspension work and motor combined with a big bore 116 kit for the wife's Indian and a new watch for myself I'm getting low on what i call "free money".o_O:rolleyes:

Feel the same here. I appreciate all the advice on frame coating and gear work but I'm going to have to let the wallet rest a bit. After the suspension work and motor combined with a big bore 116 kit for the wife's Indian and a new watch for myself I'm getting low on what i call "free money".o_O:rolleyes:

Is that the same stuff that grows on trees???????? :D

Back