mark1400

.040 Over
Ride
2016 R3R
hi guys,

I'm picking up my rocket in about 10 days time so I've been thinking about exhausts.

I don't want to spend a fortune and the TOR exhaust seems to be a decent price.

Can anyone tell me are these pipes marked " not for road use" ?

Also a question for the guys from the UK.... Do you have any problems getting an MOT with these pipes ?

Many thanks
Mark

My Touring TORS are marked not for road use but on the section that faces inwards and you would have to lay under the bike to see the markings, the stock appearance and reasonable tone pass our inspection stations test, anyhow keep the stock silencers if you are concerned, I have

Mark, in my experience it's down to the tester. It sounds like you would have to get a complete c&%t to fail with TORS. Partly because of this possibity and also the weight/size/looks I bought some pipes from here:

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 ROADSTER CUSTOM SILENCERS

I fitted them today and loaded up a modified TORS tune. They are not that loud really and (imo) look better than the stock/TOR and must be about 20 lbs lighter. Happy to send you some pics if you wart.

Hi Kevm, those pipes look sweet...real sweet....but i broke the bank buying the rocket & the TOR is less cash. For the moment i really need a cheap option but that may be an upgrade once i have recovered from buying this monster. (may have to cut down on beer & pizza.....we all know how hard that is....maybe too hard lol).
Many thanks for the info, its good to have options.
Cheers.

Mark, in my experience it's down to the tester. It sounds like you would have to get a complete c&%t to fail with TORS. Partly because of this possibity and also the weight/size/looks I bought some pipes from here:

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 ROADSTER CUSTOM SILENCERS

I fitted them today and loaded up a modified TORS tune. They are not that loud really and (imo) look better than the stock/TOR and must be about 20 lbs lighter. Happy to send you some pics if you wart.

Does indeed look way better than the TORs! :thumbsup:
Wonder how it would work with a header, ie CES?

Back