Top Gear - Triumph Rocket R review: does a crazy 2,500cc bike work?

Faster, faster, FASTER! If I could only make it FASTER!
I disagree with a couple of points. Hard to slow manuver? Coming from a vrx 1800 this is easy.
Bad gas mileage? Checked twice, 1st 45 mpg. 2nd 47, mostly hwy but hitting it hard several times each. 90 mph a good amt. Sounds great to me.

Not surprising to me :)

Would need more miles to confirm the average of my R. So far on rather small and curvy roads and riding it rather strong (but on road mode), I see between max 42 mpg and mini 37 (= in liters/kms : 5.6 l/100 and 6.3 l/100) which is much better than what the magazines report (thus much better than what I expected) 😊

One rider told me that on his different japanese bikes, he noticed that his bikes had a better gas mileage when selecting the sport mode than with the road mode (?). Any explanation and more important, have you noticed the same with our R3 2020 ?

Last edited:
Not surprising to me :)

Would need more miles to confirm the average of my R. So far on rather small and curvy roads and riding it rather strong (but on road mode), I see between max 42 mpg and mini 37 (= in liters/kms : 5.6 l/100 and 6.3 l/100).

One rider told me that on his different japanese bikes, he noticed that his bikes had a better gas mileage when selecting the sport mode than with the road mode (?). Any explanation and more important, have you noticed the same with our R3 2020 ?
Gt but in sport mode reserve light went on about 20 miles sooner.

Back