Top Front Engine bolt size?

toolittletime

.020 Over
Ride
Moto Guzzis
Anyone know what the diameter of the long, top, front, engine bolt is? The one that holds the top of the crash bars.
I need to purchase one a good bit longer, but the same diameter, so as to fabricate my sidecar mount.
Thanks......Tim

Anyone know what the diameter of the long, top, front, engine bolt is? The one that holds the top of the crash bars.
I need to purchase one a good bit longer, but the same diameter, so as to fabricate my sidecar mount.
Thanks......Tim
From memory, I think it's M16. I bought a length of high tensile threaded bar when I mounted my crash bars.

The OEM front top engine mount bolt is hex head M12 HT 8.8 1.25mm pitch and 282 mm long.

If you're getting a longer one, you could think about a 1.5 mm pitch... and a locknut.

The OEM front top engine mount bolt is hex head M12 HT 8.8 1.25mm pitch and 282 mm long.

If you're getting a longer one, you could think about a 1.5 mm pitch... and a locknut.
M12 it is then, I stayed with the finer pitch to ensure correct torque could be maintained. My local bolt shop had it in stock and I remember it was pretty cheap.

Back