**** Wilbur. The car tire thing seems to be catching on. I'd think with a car tire about the only concern would be dry rot, not wear out.

I went to the Yoko website. Which one did you get?

AVS ES100. Saw it on Riderrocketman's bike on the .com site and liked the look of it. Cost me $113.00 delivered.

If you want to see a bunch of info on car tires, go to r3owners.com and do a search for "darkside"

Flip

You cheap bastard,why don't you find a tractor tire that will fit. You can fill It up with calcium and It will last longer than you.. Love Jack Dry rot you yes not tire,,

They quit using CaCl a long time ago. It kills any vegetation if a tire ruptures. Most guys use either windshield washer antifreeze, RV antifreeze or beet pulp. I don't fill any tires. My equipment isn't ground engaging.

You could probably use urine. You seem to be full of it most of the time.

Doesn't Avon make a tire in our size? I ran several Metz's on my VTX1800 and was not very satisfied. I put on an Avon Venom series tire and wow! Where my Metz would spin it would hook up and it seemed to wear almost twice as long. Better traction, feel and wear. I believe it was even cheaper. I hope Avon can make a tire or makes one soon because it sounds as if the Metz wears out way too fast!!

tread wear indicator

My question is simply this.....How can a tire company manufacture and market a tire that's DOT approved without wear indicators moulded into the tire carcass. I was always under the assumption that wear indicators were DOT mandated.

The DOT does require a tread wear indicator. If you look VERY carefully you can find one on the Metzler tires. Rotate the tire and look at the edge of the tread you will see three very small letters TWI (tread wear indicator). From that point look at the closest tread grooves and you will see the wear indicators toward the center of the tire. When the tire is worn down to this height it's time to replace it. Granted they are difficult to find but I guess they comply with the letter of the law if not the spirit.
Gary

Back