Are Tire Repairs Safe?

Going to try the STOP N Go kit. No glue, compact and cheap. Shop wants 20$ for the repair. Few bucks more and Ill carry the kit. Have plenty of space in both bikes.

Going to try the STOP N Go kit. No glue, compact and cheap. Shop wants 20$ for the repair. Few bucks more and Ill carry the kit. Have plenty of space in both bikes.
Dang Rick you need me to send you some money?:p:p

I’m afraid of patches on a bike tire but I have no experience either. Good luck.

Dang Rick you need me to send you some money?:p:p

I’m afraid of patches on a bike tire but I have no experience either. Good luck.

Nope, I have plenty but thanks for the offer. My friend, I'm afraid of the bike very time I start it.

I'm just going to try to fix the tire while on the bike and roll it. The consensus through out several sites is that, as long as the puncture is not on the tire wall, it is OK to fix and roll. Now, if I were racing I would replace the tire. To put-put to Galveston to have a beer it is OK.

As a benefit of the mishap, I am going to start carrying a kit just in case me of a fellow rider gets struck with a slow leak in the middle of nowhere, we can fix it and carry on.

Wait until you see the spare rubber I got for the Valkie :laugh::roll:

Another lesson learned; I think I picked up a nail making a turn on an overpass onto a ramp to get on the freeway. I ran over some accumulated road trash instead of avoiding it. For a split second I saw the debris and could have avoided it. My fault.

Last edited:

I have a Stop N Go kit up here if you want to borrow it next time we ride... or you can swing up and get it anytime.

I have a Stop N Go kit up here if you want to borrow it next time we ride... or you can swing up and get it anytime.

Thanks for the offer. The valkie would have to be ridden all the way there. Don't know if it will make it. I ordered a kit any way. What we should have is someway to inflate the darn thing if it leaks. Also considering pressure detectors that work with the Garmin.

Thanks for the offer. The valkie would have to be ridden all the way there. Don't know if it will make it. I ordered a kit any way. What we should have is someway to inflate the darn thing if it leaks. Also considering pressure detectors that work with the Garmin.
I carry a can of fix a flat and a small air pump in the Indian on touring trips. We do visit some remote areas. Of course just kidding about money, I know your loaded with it.;)

Back