How to tell if your forks are bent.

phar2slo

Living Legend
Ride
2006 classic
Hi guys got my bike back yesterday from the dealer ship yesterday.

It now has odd grips on it. That's probably my bad by saying get some Oxford heated grips but then they didn't fit them but I wanted my bike back so just rode off without them. Still sitting on the desk I think.

Any way I rode of down the street and the steering felt different when turning and just doesn't feel like it did and only rode back home.

Has me wondering if when it was transported that they might have over tighten the strops. And bent the forks? And I don't even know the company that transported as the Automobile Association arrange for it all.

Maybe first place to call is them.

Didn't get out on the Rocket at all again over the weekend.

Hi guys got my bike back yesterday from the dealer ship yesterday.

It now has odd grips on it. That's probably my bad by saying get some Oxford heated grips but then they didn't fit them but I wanted my bike back so just rode off without them. Still sitting on the desk I think.

Any way I rode of down the street and the steering felt different when turning and just doesn't feel like it did and only rode back home.

Has me wondering if when it was transported that they might have over tighten the strops. And bent the forks? And I don't even know the company that transported as the Automobile Association arrange for it all.

Maybe first place to call is them.

Didn't get out on the Rocket at all again over the weekend.
It seems to me that most times i have put my bikes into a dealer for service they seem to cause some form of damage. The bikes only go in for service to get the service book stamped but now if wonder if it matters at all as there is no guarantee they have done all the work as per the book. I no longer trust then and some stories i hear confirm it. They won't admit it unless it's obvious. A hell of a lot of the so called experts do not know what they are doing. I no longer care about the stamps and they are too expensive and greedy these days to justify the price. £800 to change a detent spring quoted. Never will happen for me.
Good luck with trying to proove they caused a problem with your bike.

Back