1600 km forks leaking !!

You are not alone sir!
Bought my 3R new in May 2023. Both forks display the same oil rings as yours. I mentioned it to the dealer at the bikes 600 mile service and was told it’s the remnants of a grease used when the bikes are packed and shipped. They (the dealer) suggested I run it for another 1000 miles or so by which time the grease should have gone.

Bike is now at 1200 miles, oil rings are still there despite cleaning. Taking it to France in a couple of days so will return it to the dealer when I get back.

Moogus
Thats bad luck , I cant see the dealer is being truthful , once cleaned it would not return my guess like mine was strapped down above the forks .. Mine were both blown... If they cleaned the bike prior to handing it over to you that does not seem a reasonable explanation..My guess is as they are big old beats transporters overreact and nail them down ...

Have a good trip to France let us know how the forks go ...

Good Luck

Sorry man, it sucks to have that on a new bike regardless of cause.

If trailering is a regular thing I highly recommend the Pitbull chalk/rear wheel locking system. It allows full suspension movement while holding the bike in place.

Everyone I know who has serious race bikes uses it as it prevents anything like this from happening.
What part number fits the new Rockets?

Thanks Puddlehopper, will do. I’m sure the dealer will sort it when I get back

Stingray….I have no idea, sorry

$6 amazon fork credit card scrapers.
Or make your own.
High chance it was some assembly bs that is on the seal.
If it still leaks... raise a stink over it.
You should see how horrific triumph is about assembly cleanliness. They are almost at the very bottom of the s list.

Regarding pitbull, they won't have one specifically marked for rocket 3s. You would have to find one that fits.

On second thought, the 2500s may not actually be compatible with the rear stands due to swingarm, but you could use a good high support chalk and the net that goes over the rear tire to hold the back in place, like this:
6008_TyreFix-Basic-motorrad-spanngurte_la-sangle_03_2_640x427.jpg .

Would keep strap impact on suspension minimal.

Regarding pitbull, they won't have one specifically marked for rocket 3s. You would have to find one that fits.

On second thought, the 2500s may not actually be compatible with the rear stands due to swingarm, but you could use a good high support chalk and the net that goes over the rear tire to hold the back in place, like this:
6008_TyreFix-Basic-motorrad-spanngurte_la-sangle_03_2_640x427.jpg .

Would keep strap impact on suspension minimal.
Yeah, that won't work with the Trik fender. Thanks.

Trip to France failed on day 1
Triumph repatriated my bike (took 3) weeks, then the bike bike broke down again whilst riding it home from the dealer.

Full story on my thread ‘Stuck in France’

…..never did get the seals situation addressed

Last edited:
Back