1600 km forks leaking !!

Puddlehopper

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Gt
Both leaking ,.. unreal
.. warranty issue anyone else had this ?
IMG_5614.jpeg IMG_5615.jpeg

Both leaking ,.. unreal
.. warranty issue anyone else had this ?
IMG_5614.jpeg IMG_5615.jpeg
No! How many miles on the bike? If just one I might wonder if you had a bit of crud under a seal. Still, I'd try to see if you can slip something that won't damage the seal under there to hope to remove any debris. But, with both, that's not likely the issue.

When you wheelie are you careful to ride her down slowly and smoothly? ;-) Sorry....

There are only a few ways to pop seals that quickly. Was someone really heavy handed with tie downs while trailering it?
Totally forgot about that possibility with this post. Apart from the first time the dealer ratcheted down my new rocket totally compressing the forks (lucky my seals didn't blow during the 8 hour trip home) I always ratchet down either side of the front axle catching the brake caliper mount with the bike held in a chock. Forks aren't compressed at all. I agree with Clav's statement regarding getting the seals replaced by the dealer.

Sorry man, it sucks to have that on a new bike regardless of cause.

If trailering is a regular thing I highly recommend the Pitbull chalk/rear wheel locking system. It allows full suspension movement while holding the bike in place.

Everyone I know who has serious race bikes uses it as it prevents anything like this from happening.

Sorry man, it sucks to have that on a new bike regardless of cause.

If trailering is a regular thing I highly recommend the Pitbull chalk/rear wheel locking system. It allows full suspension movement while holding the bike in place.

Everyone I know who has serious race bikes uses it as it prevents anything like this from happening.
Thanks , was the dealer who did it …

Even more so the dealer should replace it. I'd suggest talk directly with your sales guy, he's the one with the most interest in ensuring you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

The service writers will try and avoid the work at all costs as it's non-billable work.

Even more so the dealer should replace it. I'd suggest talk directly with your sales guy, he's the one with the most interest in ensuring you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

The service writers will try and avoid the work at all costs as it's non-billable work.
It’s being fixed under warranty, so the service team will do as they are told

You are not alone sir!
Bought my 3R new in May 2023. Both forks display the same oil rings as yours. I mentioned it to the dealer at the bikes 600 mile service and was told it’s the remnants of a grease used when the bikes are packed and shipped. They (the dealer) suggested I run it for another 1000 miles or so by which time the grease should have gone.

Bike is now at 1200 miles, oil rings are still there despite cleaning. Taking it to France in a couple of days so will return it to the dealer when I get back.

Moogus

Back