Your post about getting a "Excedra-Max G852" got me to thinking as I thought they were different tires.
I researched the Bridgestone web site and found the following differences:

Stone-G852-V-Exedra-Max.jpg
... and only 400 smackers!:eek: Hell's bells, that would keep me in fresh AGM batteries for at least 10-12 more years.;):laugh:[/QUOTE
... and only 400 smackers!:eek: Hell's bells, that would keep me in fresh AGM batteries for at least 10-12 more years.;):laugh:
... and only 400 smackers!:eek: Hell's bells, that would keep me in fresh AGM batteries for at least 10-12 more years.;):laugh:
WELL its not for everyone if you dont want the best then buy the WALLYWORLD battery

Your post about getting a "Excedra-Max G852" got me to thinking as I thought they were different tires.
I researched the Bridgestone web site and found the following differences:

Stone-G852-V-Exedra-Max.jpg

The G852 is an Exedra series radial. It has a less durable compound than the Exedra Max series in the same size.

The G852 is an Exedra series radial. It has a less durable compound than the Exedra Max series in the same size.

So then likely better grip as well?
I didn't know about the difference and now must consider the G853.

I went out for a good ride to get a better feel for the G852.

I can say for sure, it is a stiffer sidewall than the metzler, no doubt in my mind now.
Lateral grip, no abnormal behavior observed.
Straight line grip, slight chirps at high loads while accelerating, didnt seem any worse off than the metz.

Turn in, slightly better, high speed sweepers actually felt identical to me.

Feeling the tire with hand after a 100mph sweeper pushed to "just" before peg dragging, it did seem quite warm, warmer than the metz got, but also softer, so I suspect it is a tire that will do fine until pushed hard for an extended period where overheating will cause rapid degradation.

Makes sense since its OEM on a bike a little lighter, with less lean angle capability, and about 40% less power.

Last edited:
I went out for a good ride to get a better feel for the G852.

I can say for sure, it is a stiffer sidewall than the metzler, no doubt in my mind now.
Lateral grip, no abnormal behavior observed.
Straight line grip, slight chirps at high loads while accelerating, didnt seem any worse off than the metz.

Turn in, slightly better, high speed sweepers actually felt identical to me.

Feeling the tire with hand after a 100mph sweeper pushed to "just" before peg dragging, it did seem quite warm, warmer than the metz got, but also softer, so I suspect it is a tire that will do fine until pushed hard for an extended period where overheating will cause rapid degradation.

Makes sense since its OEM on a bike a little lighter, with less lean angle capability, and about 40% less power.

Want to thank Phil for his advice on new tires..My big AZZ tire rear tire and front tire arrived today....

Rear.....240/55/VR16 B-Stone Exedra Max...TRUMP sized---YUUUUUGE!
Front....170/75/VR17 Michelin Commander II.... Tread design matches B-Stone rated

Thanks Phil!!!!

Attachments

• 1-triumphtire1.jpg
    1-triumphtire1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1-triumphtire.jpg
    1-triumphtire.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
You're most welcome, Greg. Happy trails!

BTW, I know you meant that the front tire is a 140, unless you're going for that big pimpin' look...

hotch1.jpg

Yeah..LOL...53 going on 98....140/75VR17.....0.59" lower and 62.1mph indicated at 65 so I can always ride 13 over and be safe from 5-0....That is if the speed is read off the front wheel...IF its the rear I need to knock a bit off!

Thanks again Phil....That B-Stone was a STEAL at 162 delivered!

Cheers...Greg

PS...Flips Double H's arrived today too so as soon as my magnetic sump plugs arrive wed I can get some oil in her, Torque her to 25Nm,not 150+ like the shop did and strip the OEMS, and get her oiled up and to my mechanic and get these fine azz tires and new pads on!

You're most welcome, Greg. Happy trails!

BTW, I know you meant that the front tire is a 140, unless you're going for that big pimpin' look...

hotch1.jpg

Back