Tips on Tank Removal

smordue1

Steve in Tampa
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT in fast Black
I need to remove my fuel tank to wire up some lights. It does not appear obvious how to do it, and I don't want to disassemble more than I need to, nor have fuel spilling all over. Any tips on easiest way?

Depends on model but easiest way is to search @idk and he has the manual in his signature, section 11.125 if youre rocking a touring :thumbsup: youll need that service manual its gonna come in handy

I need to remove my fuel tank to wire up some lights. It does not appear obvious how to do it, and I don't want to disassemble more than I need to, nor have fuel spilling all over. Any tips on easiest way?
Depending on your VIN (not sure why??), I found a service manual for your 2020 GT at ww.tritun.net ; though it apparently takes a subscription to get to it. Unfortunately, I'm on a '14 R3T... which is a very different beast. Good Luck! ...and let us know how it goes.
-MIG

There was a thread on here about this very topic. Do a search for 'tank removal' by date.
I recall the procedure is very involved on the new bikes compared to the original (remove bear claw, remove one bolt on headstock).

There was a thread on here about this very topic. Do a search for 'tank removal' by date.
I recall the procedure is very involved on the new bikes compared to the original (remove bear claw, remove one bolt on headstock).
I did find that post thanks!

Back