Thruxton TFC and Rocket TFC Concept Video

I am familiar with this first everything concept, but today everything is everywhere immediately so it no longer really works for press / media event with 100 people in the room :) Quality wins in long run, especially on youtube where time counts, not clicks.

But why not double dip with a ****ty 'First Reveal!' video, so you can hook the clickbait no attention masses, then do a more in-depth higher production video for the people who actually give a **** ;).

I know, I know. You were just voicing your displeasure, it is a crappy video, but my wife is in marketing and we often get into discussions over stuff like this so when you posted, I just banged out a response before I really thought about if it would help the conversation at all. I'll go back to my hole now :whitstling:.

in our country we have the saying "one can´t knot a whip from cowhide" maybe we should add "..and do not double dip" :D

anyway, it is a sexy bike, if only the design was more original.. too much like stupid diavel copy.. Diavel is almost out of fashion these days and Triumph comes with this... Lets check regular production model in 2020, maybe it will be more sober styling.

Everything my local dealer contact told me 8 months ago was accurate.

He's been told the TFC will have a 200+whp upgrade vs the normal one.

Notice there are Cobras on it, thank god. Go have a quick look at the new Cobra chrome sizes available, there's our 240R16 still listed, there's no 17" 240, but, there are new size I didn't see previously...

240/40R18 and 250/40R18...

Last edited:
Everything my local dealer contact told me 8 months ago was accurate.

He's been told the TFC will have a 200+whp upgrade vs the normal one.

Notice there are Cobras on it, thank god. Go have a quick look at the new Cobra chrome sizes available, there's our 240R16 still listed, there's no 17" 240, but, there are new size I didn't see previously...

240/40R18 and 250/40R18...

Absolutely!!...pretty sure theyre 16's and 17's on the bike and if so, the seat height is about the same still...near as i can tell from scaling roughly..
I was impressed with the sound even tho its not in the flesh...its always a tad different than real when recorded isnt it...i'm super impressed with the whole concept and really looking forward to a follow up bike. Like others have mentioned there are things that wouldnt work for me on this particular bike like the ability to carry stuff you might need but it is a concept bike afterall.
If i had the coin, i would buy one and store it. You wouldnt want to devalue a bike like this with a number on it by adding stuff. But to have one in years to come with nothing on the clock and a numbered bike to boot...and the new generation Rocket 3...it would be worth having.
I will be visiting my dealer to register my interest in a "Roadster" model. I'm sure Triumph wouldnt go to all this trouble to build 750 bikes and stop.

Back