Throttle lock cruise control

That type only fit on stock 1" bars don't they? I think you need to push the control switch gear up the bar to fit the BrakeAway Cruise control unit and then the hand grip. Unfortunately with extra wide T- bars they only leave enough 1" bar profile at the end for the switch gear and grip. I would have to return to the stock 1" bars to use that type.

That is same type as Go Cruise posted earlier - the Go Cruise has an adjustable tension screw as well.

So how does it release the throttle when you grab the brake? Looks like if anything it would add or twist more throttle on?

As you pull on the brake lever this style backs- off accordingly that is what the silicone ring that they can me with is for.

There is another similar to the Go- Cruise which I use called Omni-cruisewwhich has an extended pieceto help back it off easier.

I just bought one to try and compare when it arrives - have 3 bikes anyway (the old '78 BMW R100RS sidecar has a stock throttle tension screw but when wound right up although easy to roll the throttle back it is not adjustable while riding.

Strangely an Australian supplier cheaper than anything on eBay or manufacturers website price - US$50 + US$10 postage.

They also offer a thicker HD neoprene ring for wider 1" grips that they claim may split the std ring supplied after a few months.

See: Accessories - Bike Omni-Cruise - Universal Motorcycle Throttle Lock

and: Accessories - Bike Omni-Cruise - Replacement OMNI-CRUISE Band - HEAVY DUTY

Std manufacturer's replacement ring also available for comparison:
Accessories - Bike Omni-Cruise - Replacement OMNI-CRUISE Band

Read the star ratings in Amazon.
I believe there are a number of complaints regarding the tension screw on the Omni.

I use something like this on all my bikes. Very easy to install, and you just press it forward to lock your throttle, you can still accelerate and roll forward to reset it. Allows for great small adjustments, very inexpensive.

4443312_orig.jpg
I have loved the Throttlemeister on the BMW for over 10 years, and Jack put one on his Rocket (around $170?) a couple of years ago.

But for $20.00, the GoCruise works just as well on my Rocket.

Just installed go cruise couple of days ago. Have yet to test it out. Looks like a winner for thirty bucks.

I've got a Go Cruise universal lock with ISO Kurakyn grips (got the silicon ring on it to protect the grip). I've gone on one long trip with it (700 miles in a day). I found that with the tension of the throttle and the vibration of the bike around 80mph the go cruise would start to slip and I'd find my speed dropping so I'd need to adjust it pretty frequently. I imagine this probably wouldn't be the case with a different set of grips, but with my setup it it seems like if I tighten the clamp anymore I'll be at risk of tearing the silicon ring or have to futz with it too much at speed to be safe. That said, it's done it's job of saving my wrist from fatigue quite well and any adjustment is just twist of the wrist and a little pressure with my index finger.

I'm planning on getting a DR650 for some dual sport action and will switch the Go Cruise to that bike and invest in a better throttle lock for the Rocket.

I use something like this on all my bikes. Very easy to install, and you just press it forward to lock your throttle, you can still accelerate and roll forward to reset it. Allows for great small adjustments, very inexpensive.

4443312_orig.jpg
I bought the exact same one when I was in Oshawa, hard to beat for under $20, I use it to give my hand a rest and stretch, works excellent.

4443312_orig.jpg
What size is this? 1"? Is it plastic? That's what the Go Cruise on Amazon are made from...

Last edited:
Back