Throttle lock cruise control

It's tough to beat the quality and function of the BrakeAway Throttle Lock. I put one on my R3T and am sure others have put it on the roadster. I have made several posts with pictures about the installation, cutting down the grip and a small modification I made to make it work to for me. I wanted my brake lever to be in a certain position so I made a small lift for the release cam so it would trip properly for me. Because it releases the lock when you hit the front brake, it is the only safe choice in my opinion.

For $175 you can't beat it. It's way safer than friction locks IMHO.

Though an McCruise is $700-800 USD, that would also be an entirely different level of functionality. Set it at a speed and it maintains it regardless of inclines etc.

I use something like this on all my bikes. Very easy to install, and you just press it forward to lock your throttle, you can still accelerate and roll forward to reset it. Allows for great small adjustments, very inexpensive.

4443312_orig.jpg

I use something like this on all my bikes. Very easy to install, and you just press it forward to lock your throttle, you can still accelerate and roll forward to reset it. Allows for great small adjustments, very inexpensive.

4443312_orig.jpg
Looks like the ones on Amazon for around 30U.S. dollars. Now I see how that works. Think I may give that a try.

Looks like the ones on Amazon for around 30U.S. dollars. Now I see how that works. Think I may give that a try.
It works very well, all you have to do is when you are at your desired speed, just use your finger to push the lever down until it touches the brake lever, that prevents it from rolling forward, but the friction is very light so you can still easily manipulate the throttle forward and back with no problem. I like it because of how small of adjustments you can make as you ride.

Last edited:
That is same type as Go Cruise posted earlier - the Go Cruise has an adjustable tension screw as well.

The new Go-Cruise does look better with that adjustable tension screw. As long as that screw itself doesn't get loose over time or something, it looks great.

Back