Go Cruise 2

MIG

Road Therapy...
Ride
"Fiona" my '14 R3T & "Delilah" my '16 V-Rod Muscle
I was looking at replacing my original Go Cruise; which eventually broke but worked well enough and lasted for years. Considering it was less than $20, no complaints. As I prep for an upcoming 2300 mile ride I started looking for a replacement. On recommendation from a friend I looked hard at is the BrakeAway (which he highly recommends) but upon doing some review reading it seems the quality may have slipped??? One individual claimed he had one on his 2017 and just purchased a new one for his new ride... and apparently the quality has dropped substantially. Others have said the same, but only recent ones. I decided the $180 investment wasn't worth the risk. It reminds me of the hand warmers we used to get when I lived in Montana back in the 90's. Those things were AWESOME! Many years later I purchased some from the same company (the same packaging/logo too) for a Tough Mudder event and they absolutely sucked... total garbage. When cleaning out my garage I happen find an old one and compared it to the more recent ones... turns out the one's from the 90's where made in the USA... and the new ones in China. Sad...

I'll be happy with the Go Cruise 2 (especially at $30), but if anyone installs a BrakeAway this year (2021)... I'd be interested in hearing a use report.

One issue with these is they tend to walk right... which I'm attempting to solve by installing a second rubber sleeve slightly off-set. I'll find out tomorrow on the way to work as a test.

-MIG

Attachments

• Go Cruise 2.jpg
    Go Cruise 2.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 33
Meant to be... On the ride to work this morning I was reminded how I enjoy my grip space. The Go Cruise is just slender enough not to overly get in my way... it's close though... so anything wider would not work for me. Win-Win!
-MIG

Meant to be... On the ride to work this morning I was reminded how I enjoy my grip space. The Go Cruise is just slender enough not to overly get in my way... it's close though... so anything wider would not work for me. Win-Win!
-MIG
i ran around the west coast last year and just finished an 11 state ride in the northeast ( i have to update my map ). Not to mention 2 IBA rides. Go Cruise works great for me, there's no way I could do these rides without it.

I have now completed a 3-riding day mission from Miami to Tucson and I must say the Go Cruise 2 was a solid investment. Installing the offset overlapping second rubber sleeve worked like a charm too. It definitely helped and encouraged me to keep going during my unplanned Iron Butt Thousand Miler yesterday. That, along with enough occasional rain showers to keep most of the day fairly cool.
-MIG

Last edited:
Back