Thoughts on trailering

Never looked at it as "touring" Kind of looked at it as life lessons on the road via two wheels. Show up at a run dog tired and worn out you get ragged a bit but from my experiences, the respectable folks of are passion understand. :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: Either way there is a lot to be said and song about the open highway. Not by accident. The people you meet and the experiences while riding many of miles is only understood by the ones who have done it. Life and the pleasure of being on two wheels is not on how fast you can take the corner but on what awaits you around the corner. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Have not trailered, yet.
So far most of my rides have been just that "lets go someplace" that is the ride.
But I can get to a further away event faster driving.
If you are limited as to how much time you can take off do you spend two days riding to the RAA, arrive exhausted, ride one day there, then 2 days back to work or
drive one day, spend a couple days riding the event and drive one day back?
I might look into some ramps to load the bike in the van.

Rick

My wife and I will be shipping our motorcycle on the Amtrak Auto Train next month from northern Virginia to Sanford, Florida, and back a week later after some travel in southern Florida. While the slab may boring in most parts of the country, I-95 is frequently nerve-wracking along its length. I am so envious of @Rocket Scientist and his gorgeous trailer, and if I ever make any riding on the left coast, I imagine that will only be possible after shipping the bike somewhere closer. Practical reality for me.

Only trailer my bike if it's broke down and won't go in it own power
20180920_104325.jpg

Plus 1 but I don't judge those that trailer as much now that my bones ache more.

The day you start giving a shyt what people think your in trouble especially at my age.;) I've been coast to coast on my bike four times. Twice I had Roadway ship it once to Utah and once to Colorado,the reason being time was a factor. I wanted to spend more time touring the Northwest area Oregon Montana and the Black Hills .

Back