Thoughts on trailering

RKTNMYPKT

Village Idiot
Ride
2021 HD RoadGlide
I have always kind of snickered under my breath at people who trailer their bikes, I never could quite understand the reason for why somebody would do that. Especially when I go to Reno which is about 200 miles away from my house and I see people with California plates trailering their bikes on the way to street vibrations.

However

My Indian is 11 months old with 10k on her already.
By the time I get home from the next RAA she’ll have nearly 20K on her.

Also I’m getting older and driving is less wear and tear on my old bones....

And less stressful since I’ll have my son with me...

So am I going to trailer to RAA next year? :thumbsdown:

Hell no! My bike is my only form a transportation for a reason.

However even if I wanted to trailer I couldn’t simply because I can’t afford to buy a trailer and something to haul it with.

So what are your thoughts on trailering ? Do you do it? Why or why not?

Last edited:
Like you, I always rode to an event but as I have aged, I have no reservations or embarrassment about trailering. It must be a significant distance though. No way would I haul a bike 200 miles in nice weather to attend an event.

The last time I attended Daytona Bike week my daughter and I rode from Pensacola to Enterprise, AL/Ft Rucker to meet some military riders and a Gold Star mom and dad, and then rode on to Daytona the next day. As we got to within about 50 miles of Daytona, we could see the phonies pulling their truck/trailer rigs into rental lots, off loading and then riding to Daytona.

My daughter got her "I Rode to Bike Week" patch for her vest.

Weathers been kind of bad around here and the hours spent at work a bit ridiculous. Drove the car all week. Today knew i was getting home early (just got home) Guys at work were really glad to see me today. They Have learned that if i miss a few days riding my temperament goes south. Leaving out today one asked me "Are you riding in Monday?" Everyone started laughing. Completely understand why some folks trailer due to age, time restraints, so forth and so on. I ride. Half the fun is not the destination but the experiences getting there. I am really looking forward to this R.A.A. coming up and the idea of jumping on the bike and riding to North Carolina is something I really look forward to. Looking forward to meeting up with a lot of folks i have never met in person but at the same time enjoy the time alone riding down the highway. Without sounding like a drama queen i like the time spent riding solo long distance. Very lucky to commute two hours a day riding through the rural areas of Oklahoma and enjoying lite traffic and open spaces. City or town riding makes me nervous. So with that said I guess am not much of a trailer fan. If trailer is your thing go for it. Nether look down or up to you. I just ride.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

If I owned a trailer and hauler I’d happily trailer to remote destinations. While touring is wonderful, and I love it. I’d much rather be fresh physically and mentally on arriving at the playground.

There’s also the ticket issue. When I get bored I haul ass to entertain myself, nothing bores me like the freeway.

Back