Those ugly steel washers on the shock mounts... here are black ones

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
So I have been slowly removing all the hideous unfinished steel on my rocket, its a work in progress but I found these if anyone is interested:

Kart Seat Mounting Aluminum Washer M8 x 30mm x 2mm

They fit perfectly! Yes, they are a couple of mm smaller in diameter than the stock top washer, and a couple mm in diameter bigger than the stock bottom washer, but, they are completely functional, the same thickness and look a million times better imho.

Hmm different, I think I will stay wish the OEM stainless washers instead of aluminum. If I wanted black though I would consider black chrome plate on them.

Those certainly look better than the stock ones also, never noticed them for sale there or I probably would have bought them and had them powder coated.

Either way, it's not a high load point so I seriously doubt aluminum used there is going to be an issue, but I plan on checking it frequently the first few hundred miles to ensure no permanent deflection occurs.

I must confess to never once looking at a Rocket and thinking those washers were ugly. :x3:
There's 2 approaches to blacking out. You either go the whole hog as @Lonzol has done so perfectly or you find the right mix of black and chrome, which can be equally effective. It's a fine line.

Triumph Shock Bolt Dress-up Kit

1386_1_.jpg

Black, standard aluminium or chrome. I put chrome on my Touring. They're less visible on it though, the upper bolts are hidden by the seat edge and the lower bolts hidden by the panniers...

I got two sets in fact and put the other two on the pannier guard fastenings right next to the shock on the Touring, those were also the butt ugly standard bolt.

Back