This Close " to cutting off heel shifter

The first thing I did when I got my new R3T home was unbolt the useless heel shifter after twice changing gear accidentally on the way home, on the touring it is just bolted onto the shift lever ,no good for size 13 feet:laugh::laugh:

The Classic shift lever is all one piece. I cut off the peg part, thinking I could bolt it back on if I wanted to, but the bar is still preventing my boots from sitting on top of the board, so more surgery is required. I found the lean limit a couple days ago, and my boot hit before the board did, so I need to be able to tuck them in a little closer.

I never thought I'd like floorboards, but they're growing on me. A lot more options for foot positioning.
:)
Heel / toe is definitely not tho :-(

I wound up bobbing it right behind the pivot bolt. Best thing I've done to the bike so far, no regrets. I'm loving the floorboards now. I can ride with a foot position like a Roadster or stretched out.

That looks great! I wish I had seen that before I did the surgery on mine.

Tarozzi Lever Arm, Shift & Brake

Found one here for $40. I would've bought that and then sold mine for $80 if I'd known. Oh well. Maybe someone else can benefit from this thread in the future.
Cheers. My plan b, or c, or d, to sort this stupid ridiculous heel toe lever out!

Nope. Don't know what they call it. Have seen another in pics. I like it too. I like to ride with just the front of the foot planted and the heel free. The shifter is in the way. Want to keep all the original part in case the next owner wants them or I have to revert back for a reason like yours.
Exactly my situation too ! ;-)

P82A18361.jpg
I bought this Heel Toe shifter from NewBonneville back in 2006 i had to take it to a machine shop to make it fit. They have discontinued this model due to the fact that it didn't slide over the shifter shaft. It was an easy fix. I just tap it ever so lightly and it slides into gear. Plenty of room for my size 12 too. There might be some floating around out there.
That was the DISCONTINUED RIVCO one TR3026 Triumph Rocket III Heel Toe Shifter
£136.09

Triumph Rocket III Custom designed Heel/Toe Shifter is highly polished and triple-chrome plated. Included are chrome billet shifter Peg Set with rubber inserts.
1593139807324.png

Back