THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

Out of interest sonny can you take a close look at the coolant passages in the head to see if there is any machining swarf from the factory stuck in them

Found something rather odd. On my con-rod assembles there are no 3x5 dowels? Ordered some today along with a few other items. Checked manual and they do not show any dowels? So who is correct. Hermy's or the current manual?

Last edited:
My oil seal was fine no leaks. Bearings seem to be in good shape. Guessing since i do not ride in stop and go traffic much it has held up rather well. No issues prior to taking bike apart.

Last edited:
My oil seal was fine no leaks. Bearings seem to be in good shape. Guessing since i do not ride in stop and go traffic much it has held up rather well. No issues prior to taking bike apart.
Ok but id like you to change them, 85 bucks and free shipping, i know you love free shipping 😁 :ninja:

Found something rather odd. On my con-rod assembles there are no 3x5 dowels? Ordered some today along with a few other items. Checked manual and they do not show any dowels? So who is correct. Hermy's or the current manual?
Don't remember any dowel pins, think I ordered them but never found a use for them.

None on my 06 rods anyway. They're broken so the only go together one way anyway.

Why you taking your rods apart anyway?

20190602_102748.jpg

Back