THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

Gregger

Top Fuel
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
Sonny, with your mileage, take some close up pics and post any info on those wear items we normally talk about like the lifter piece, chain wear (chain tensioner depth and whether you need a shim) and especially the tranny issues. I'm guessing there won't be much wear on any of these items since your ride was an everyday rider. It's a good reference for us guys and gals. Much appreciated.

wjb

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
On the subject of engine rebuilds, does anyone make larger barrels and pistons to increase displacement?
You know, when in doubt bore it out.

Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
Curious what you mean by over top or over bottom. Looks like it can only go one way.
It can go either way, when you hook over the top it fits better snug, when you put it on and its facing up it has a gap where it doesnt hug the shaft as good. Ofcourse the eye end determines how it hooks and it makes a difference, very obvious gap when open end faces up but it is easier to hook, the other way from over the top open end down is very hard to hook with basket on.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Sonny, with your mileage, take some close up pics and post any info on those wear items we normally talk about like the lifter piece, chain wear (chain tensioner depth and whether you need a shim) and especially the tranny issues. I'm guessing there won't be much wear on any of these items since your ride was an everyday rider. It's a good reference for us guys and gals. Much appreciated.
Will do.