THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

Guess it is time to contact Robinson. IMG_1244.JPG IMG_1245.JPG Thanks again R-III-Turbo ir came out just as you said it would. Really appreciate your help.
Looks like you got lucky, your gears do not look destroyed

Last edited:
Im going with this, unless its the wrong threebond Three Bond High Performance/Adhesion Liquid Gasket TB1207B Amazon.com: Three Bond High Performance/Adhesion Liquid Gasket TB1207B: Automotive

Attachments

• 0CD1C65B-2DF8-473B-9A3C-949AD72E3A67.jpeg
    0CD1C65B-2DF8-473B-9A3C-949AD72E3A67.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 8
My post did not come out right at all. Deleted it. If i have a hiccup the only person to blame is myself. The resources are here on this website to do the job. All you have to do is ask. ON to sealants. Really do not wish to use the RTV gasket sealant found in auto parts stores would prefer to use the same stuff Triumph used at the factory. Question is where do you buy it?
You need threebond 1207B. Buy it on amazon. That is what they
My post did not come out right at all. Deleted it. If i have a hiccup the only person to blame is myself. The resources are here on this website to do the job. All you have to do is ask. ON to sealants. Really do not wish to use the RTV gasket sealant found in auto parts stores would prefer to use the same stuff Triumph used at the factory. Question is where do you buy it?
You need 1207B Threebond. Buy on Amazon. That is OEM sealant that Triumph uses per the manual for reassembly of the cases.

Checked shims. Took my time and measured twice. IMG_1246.JPG Calibers are cheap but have been checked within the last 2 months for being accurate. (F.A.A.) IMG_1253.JPG Calibers were out of tolerance during the last check. Resulting in a lot of changes in shims this time. Very good idea to use this to clean off shims not only for a good measurement but also marking correct shim sizemarks for further reference. IMG_1247.JPG A good set of accurate gauges helps from the git go. Big difference between spending a bit for good gauges vice buying gauges from your local auto store. No pic on gauges but cost about $80.00 bucks vice $6.00 bucks. IMG_1253.JPG Thinking i might have it right this time.

Sorry to have deleted some post. Maybe the gods of the net can bring them back. In the meantime here is a update. Flat gave up on Robinson. Sent emails and called for over two weeks. No answers. Even sent a hand wrote letter no answer. Went with a place in Ashland North Carolina called M/T. Talked to the folks a few times and feel very confident in their ability to work on the transmission. Better circlips and machining is no problem. Gear cutting is not a issue plus a better price and quicker turnaround time. While we wait cleaning is the call of the day. Wire brushing all gasket material off of surfaces with stainless steel brushes. Then we set up a tub of mostly simple green and submersed parts. Then a freshwater wash down follows. Very clean. Plan on doing it tomorrow and will post pics. The sorry thing is have found that (GOD FORBID) Lemon Pledge really cleans and shines the engine casings up.

Back