THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

Can you email that picture to yourself and print it off for them and can you make a paper inventory to be checked off so there are no issues when picking up. Just dont want any hiccups for ya.

Reminds me of back during the Viet Nam War, the Philippines was a huge logistics hub, and ships would offload supplies, that were then trucked to the airbase and flown by C-5 and C-141 and C-130 transports (and commercial for some) to various points in Southeast Asia.

To support the local economy, the trucking was contracted to local drivers, and pilferage was a real problem, until - someone got the bright idea to open the back of the trailer once loaded, snap a Polaroid photo (along with the smiling driver), then with a permanent marker, number all the exposed boxes, and the photo was sent ahead to the receiving shop at the air base.

Pilferage all but ended.

Finally got up. Spent the night at the fire station. Tornado did not hit the town but took out the water station up around the lake. A lot of live wires and the Fire Marshal was concerned about fires. It has been dry and the fire alert is high. So there we sat about fifteen of us just waiting. Did make it to OKC and bike stuff got dropped off.

The shop that i took my bike parts to is small but very clean. Really liked the satin black on the powder coat and He talked me out of getting the clutch cover ceramic coated. Says the satin black would be more durable. The exhaust is going to be ceramic coated in what is called a exhaust black which is very close to the satin black powder coat. He has been in business since 1987 at the same location. Everything will be sandblasted and the chrome parts will be etched. I forgot to clean out the oil tank and mentioned that. He said he has some cleaner for that. Feel very comfortable and believe he will do a outstanding job.

Back