The most accurate Fuel Gauge you will ever find ...

But such is the measure of Dave, it appears like he is replacing the US R3 units that he may have shipped so R3 users don't have to take those extra steps in programming to accomplish the end result.

This.

Less than 24 hours after I contacted him, you guys figured it out. And not long after that he shipped me a replacement with upgraded firmware to allow 7 digit entry into the Pulse/Mile field. Great customer service from Dave and impressive brain power from both of you.
:thumbsup:

There is actually no problem for those who use the metric setting - that setting takes pulses per km instead of pulses per mile, so that gets it down to 5 digits. (115,000 pulses per mile is 71,430 per km). --------So those units sent to Europe and Australia will be just fine.
Thanks for that reassurance - mine left the US on Monday. Should be here by August.

Just collected mine. I made a tiny boo boo regards mounting plans (For some reason I thought the cable exited the side).
I'm in rethink mode. But I think it's going here.

DSCF0002.JPG

For those interested in the math, here is how it works out;
180/70/16 tire (Touring) (theoretically) has 29.2" diameter or 81.43" circumference
(note that the 240/50/16 of the Roadster is slightly smaller and also in real World, the diameter will not be quite this big anyway)
Let's just call it 80" circumference as a 'better' approximation.
1 mile - (5280' x 12)" = 63,360"
So in one mile the rear wheel turns (63,360 / 80) = 792 times.
There is a 2.864 final drive ratio, so the shaft turns (792 x 2.846) = 2254 times in that mile.
There is a secondary ratio of 1.043 between the Helical Gears which takes it to 2366 at the Transmission Output Shaft which is rotating at (2268 * 1.043) 2366 times for every mile traveled by the rear wheel.
Now - the speed sensor is looking at that Transmission output gear and sees a pulse every time a tooth passes across the sensor; With 48 tooth gear that means (2366 * 48) pulses for every mile = 112,844 pulses for every mile

Again that is theoretical number - in real World DBR3T got 117,000 pulses over his measured mile and a Metric User got 68,682 pulses for 1km (on a Roadster)
(note 68682 * 1.61 = 110, 578)
Just wondering - I'm measuring tyres - I wonder what number TRIUMPH uses for the clicks per km (or mile) in the ODO.

That 68682/km - Metzler or EMax?.

Just measured a WORN but legal METZ - 2006mm circumference. The maths says 710287 ppkm
My guess value for Emax - is approx 68500 ppkm.

Book values from tacomas compare site 67651 ppkm EMAX and 70163 Metz.

Need a different mount of the Touring. ...

Looking at pic of your bike Paul, how about right on top of your McCruise Controller?
You could potentially also make a bracket to mount off your GPS Ram Mount (the lower part, the clamp) - something like the one I made, but with hole at one end and mounted off the upper bolt and angled slightly inward (maybe 20-30 deg)
It could even go right on the face of the Brake Reservoir (if you don't mind losing the view of the level window)
Also see my mount in the opening post - something similar for yours, but instead of centered on the bar clamp, offset to the left

Or a bar-mount option - I posted some pics in this thread of mount types that would be easily modified to use on a bar
Skip down to posts 34 & 35 - The Most Accurate Fuel Gauge you will ever find - Fuelbot2.0 - Page 2 - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

full

Just started to fit mine. Was a bit distressed to see how poxy and mangled the injector wires looked. This may just be my bike - but I am being over cautious right now.
Dave has, btw, done a Gasoline resistance test on an old case. Stood up to immersion. Even so I'm trying to knock up a splash/sun guard.

But I'm now stumped as my BL**DY Dual Lock has STILL not arrived.

Back