The most accurate Fuel Gauge you will ever find ...

Splash/Sun shield fabricated - But still no Dual-Lock.
Stainless - covered in aluminium coated fibreglass sheet - rubber trimmed.

DSCF0001.JPG

@ozrider and I have ours....
Ah - David mentioned he had a couple going to Oz and had already shipped out when the initial panic over the 'miles' setting kicked in - had not realized that was you though! Good on yer!

Splash/Sun shield fabricated - But still no Dual-Lock.
Stainless - covered in aluminium coated fibreglass sheet - rubber trimmed....

Here's another technical term for you - Oooo - fancy-shmancy! :D
Seriously though, nice job!

Did you order the Dual Lock from the States?
It's awesome stuff - I buy it in 10' sections (supply it with my key-less kits) for the equivalent cost of ~ two 3" retail packs!!!!

Last edited:
Perhaps everyone can share their input numbers in this thread - then they can be plugged in directly by new users as a starting point
Be sure to specify whether your numbers are US or UK Metric
(for users of the opposite scheme you can just use the appropriate multiplier/divisor to convert)
Note that for US vs UK there will be a difference in the number for ms/Gal caused by the different volume of US gal vs UK gal. There is no specific program setting for UK gal or US gal - it will sort itself out when you apply whatever volume is off the pump and your initial programmed tank capacity.

The injector pulse numbers should be pretty much much the same across all the Rockets and maybe only vary slightly depending on individual accuracy of fill level for the calibration;
the mile (or km) numbers will vary by tire size used and again by how accurate the individual measured the calibration distance (note the 10 miles or 10km will give more accurate result.
The numbers from someone else can be used as a starting point - remember you can re-adjust the number you enter initially by just adjusting it up or down as required (see the user notes)

Here are the numbers from the initial Oz member (Metric)

Pulses per km - 68,682 (equivalent to 110,533 pulses/mile)
ms/L - 52,000 (equivalent to 196840 ms/US Gall; 236, 397 ms/UK gal)

Last edited:
Perhaps everyone can share their input numbers in this thread - then they can be plugged in directly by new users as a starting point
Be sure to specify whether your numbers are US or UK Metric
Pulses per km - 68,682 (equivalent to 110,533 pulses/mile)
ms/L - 52,000 (equivalent to 196840 ms/US Gall; 236, 397 ms/UK gal)
Great idea - But would be appropriate if we knew which TYRE.
On Standards/Roadsters the use of an EMAX WILL make a difference.
And if anybody has GOOD contacts - it would be nice to know what number Triumph use.

OK - Dual Lock appeared - all affixed.

Today first run with "tick/km" = 68832.

Rest both ODO's at fill up.
DSCF0001.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG

I did look down at the FuelBot as I crossed 100km indicated on the Triumph ODO - 100.25km-changed to 100.26km as I looked.
That is 1/4 of 1% out. I know, I know - bite me!. If somebody else wants to work out what the ticks/km should be - feel free.

Close enough for now. It's a margin of error of 1km per tank more or less. If I start pushing things that far - I really will need to consider a second fuel tank and diesel conversion.

No speedo alterations via TuneECU so the Triumph ODO runs as stock.

Pretty obviously the l/100km value is NOT YET CALIBRATED. It's about a 1/3 of what consumption is.
Will have another quick run tomorrow (I hope) - and refill/count injector ticks and setup.

Today first run with "tick/km" = 68832.

I did look down at the FuelBot as I crossed 100km indicated on the Triumph ODO - 100.25km-changed to 100.26km as I looked.
That is 1/4 of 1% out. I know, I know - bite me!. If somebody else wants to work out what the ticks/km should be - feel free.. .
That is definitely not worth bothering about - but just from math, (68832 * 1.0025) gives you close enough to 69000 :D

Pretty obviously the l/100km value is NOT YET CALIBRATED. It's about a 1/3 of what consumption is.

The 'out of the box' calibration is based on an SV650 - so one cylinder of 325cc vs one of 767cc :D

Did you decide on what you are going to use for tank volume Chris?

@Joesmoe - got yours in yet? Decide on a mounting location?

That is definitely not worth bothering about - but just from math, (68832 * 1.0025) gives you close enough to 69000 :D
The 'out of the box' calibration is based on an SV650 - so one cylinder of 325cc vs one of 767cc :D
Did you decide on what you are going to use for tank volume Chris?
@Joesmoe - got yours in yet? Decide on a mounting location?
I had a feeling you´d not resist the maths.
The tank I have CURRENTLY set as 23.1L - Why the 0.1? - it´s a mind trick - set it to 23 and as soon as you move - it´s under 23. This way at least it takes a couple of kms to change.

The plus of calibrating against the STOCK ODO is that the calibration value should always be the same. Though as the tyre wears the rev´s per km will rise, so both will be equally "out". I really wish I could get u-blox to play with my dead reckoning GPS wish. They use GPS and speedo pulse input - but only give a GPS coordinate output. So the GPS constantly calibrates the true pulse/km so that in tunnels the pulse/km is still GPS accurate. Oh look! - bacon on wings. Still - that´s 500Euros I can save.

Nope, not yet. My Rocket mods come in spurts, in between real life.

And really, I was dragging my heels waiting for @barbagris to get it sorted before my diving in.

Back