I drove a Tesla the other day and nothing about the experience would make me want to buy one. One day I may ride an electric bike to see how it is.

My biggest problem with the whole electric revolution is the pressure to move in that direction. Anytime the government and big business pushes me I recoil with mistrust. I expect the leaders of the green movement are motivated by selfish ambition and greed more than an altruistic love of the planet.

My biggest problem with the whole electric revolution is the pressure to move in that direction. Anytime the government and big business pushes me I recoil with mistrust. I expect the leaders of the green movement are motivated by selfish ambition and greed more than an altruistic love of the planet.
Oh my. How have you come to think such terrible things?????

I would also like to know how they're going to transmit that huge amount of power through the power grid when every house hold are going to re-charge 2 cars or more every night, not to mention where to get the electricity from as most countries don't have a spare 200% power they can just spit out.

You got it. We need a quantum leap in battery technology and in our ability to generate electric. We are so far away from having the ability to generate and transmit all the electric need to power homes, cars, motorcycles, etc to all users. Look at California today, they are struggling to keep up with demand. The "clean" energy of wind and solar cannot provide enough for consumption, yet no one wants any new nuke plants, so we have no solution.

You got it. We need a quantum leap in battery technology and in our ability to generate electric. We are so far away from having the ability to generate and transmit all the electric need to power homes, cars, motorcycles, etc to all users. Look at California today, they are struggling to keep up with demand. The "clean" energy of wind and solar cannot provide enough for consumption, yet no one wants any new nuke plants, so we have no solution.
I do. Don't "Fudge" with the stuff we got now.

As far as EV or Electrocycles (patent pending, you heard it here first) there is limited thrill, expertise or satisfaction involved. No clutch and heavy engine brake. It's a bike that a novice can be as good as a pro. Just throttle up and down and listen to the whine of the pretend exhaust. No clutch play that separates a good rider from a bad one. Everything is equal and the excitement of a 0-60 time will get old. One trick pony. The younger crowd that don't know any difference with nothing to compare it to will enjoy it I'm sure. People like me that love slow work , tight U-turns scraping the pegs, cone patterns will get you driven into the asphalt on the EV. The 16 year old next door can do everything you can do on the EV. No thanks but that's just me. One more thing, I will ride one because all things 2 wheels I love although I would never own one. Never say never? I just did!

I disagree with the idea that an EV bike will turn everyone into Valentino Rossi, including the 16yo next door.

I disagree with the idea that an EV bike will turn everyone into Valentino Rossi, including the 16yo next door.
He's actually 15 but I digress. Turn the throttle and let up on the throttle. Just saying the skill level isn't that hard to ride a electric scooter. Speaking of electric scooters, now that school is back in the sidewalks are full of the little bombardiers on the scooters and electric bikes. The kids are around 9 years to 15 or so years old. They do haul ass and keep the kids from any exercise at all. As A kid I'm sure I would want one but as an adult, no thanks. Too each his own though.:thumbsup:

Back