i understand most of you are very negative about electric cars and/or motorcycles and most arguments i agree with. Except for one and that is that most European contries (and all large city's worldwide ) have a rather high population density. If in those areas electric vehicles would be used the total fine particulate matter emissions would drop significantly making live in those places much more pleasant.
So the problem is not combustion engines but to many humans.

Too many in the one place.

If there's 100(?) million in the UK, say, and 25 million here in Oz which is about ten times bigger.... then ain't that THEIR problem???

Not that I'm suggesting to send us Poms...................:banghead:

i understand most of you are very negative about electric cars and/or motorcycles and most arguments i agree with. Except for one and that is that most European contries (and all large city's worldwide ) have a rather high population density. If in those areas electric vehicles would be used the total fine particulate matter emissions would drop significantly making live in those places much more pleasant.
  1. Emission would drop in that city because the pollution is being done elsewhere like a coal-fired powerplant.
  2. People in cities who have electric cars are already complaining that they have nowhere to charge their car. They can't just drop an extension cord out of the window from 30th. floor.

Arhh the World will be so much better when the human population is halved and quartered over and over.

There are many ways to get there, we are on a path to success and climate change should give each a bolster:
War
Pestilence
Plate tectonics - could solve the problem of California alone! Or when the Canary Island volcanic collapse causes a tsunami that will submerge New York;)
And then there are Celestial visitors - mineral, animal or vegetable.
That should cover asteroids, aliens, *******s and aubergines too! ;) :roll::roll:

Arhh the World will be so much better when the human population is halved and quartered over and over.

There are many ways to get there, we are on a path to success and climate change should give each a bolster:
War
Pestilence
Plate tectonics - could solve the problem of California alone! Or when the Canary Island volcanic collapse causes a tsunami that will submerge New York;)
That should cover asteroids, aliens, *******s and aubergines too! ;) :roll::roll:
tozinameran :whitstling:

War
Pestilence

Finally some sense in this debate - pretty sure you and share some DNA somewhere in the lineage 🤣

...........Not Electric.......
299322208_5722213757825695_1725985095983393522_n.jpg

As far as EV or Electrocycles (patent pending, you heard it here first) there is limited thrill, expertise or satisfaction involved. No clutch and heavy engine brake. It's a bike that a novice can be as good as a pro. Just throttle up and down and listen to the whine of the pretend exhaust. No clutch play that separates a good rider from a bad one. Everything is equal and the excitement of a 0-60 time will get old. One trick pony. The younger crowd that don't know any difference with nothing to compare it to will enjoy it I'm sure. People like me that love slow work , tight U-turns scraping the pegs, cone patterns will get you driven into the asphalt on the EV. The 16 year old next door can do everything you can do on the EV. No thanks but that's just me. One more thing, I will ride one because all things 2 wheels I love although I would never own one. Never say never? I just did!
No electric bike or car for me. I will give it all up if the supply of petrol is gone. I have been using petrol too long to change now and besides that i want a 200 mile range and from what i hear no electric vehicle that i can afford will give me that. This is all part of the government pl;an to get the working classes off of the road.

Back