The bad news and the good news

You know we may get killed by the naysayers, right?

That's OK. They know we are rational and understand the issue of application and practicality. They have their bike and I have mine. It's all good.

Perhaps this conversation effort will lead motorcycle and car tyre makers to produce a hybrid hardened compromise to fit our brute and other brute bikes, that costs half as much and goes four times as far. Not for race-track use but for open road riding. Just like they make knobbies and slicks they would be a "special application" tyre. They listen, they are listening to this dialogue right now.

What money???? i'm down to eating beans and corn tortillas for the next 5 years until i recover all the money i spent last week:(
Tell y po ur sister to make menudo for maggie valley I'll pay and we wont need no stinking beans. Some buttermilk biscuits for sopping up the good stuff will work fine. That makes it southern mexican food then :)

Car tire or no car tire.:D

20190516_132051.jpg

Of course it can be done. It would probably look like this:
Avon AM21 Roadrunner 230 Series Rear Tire - 2WheelPros.com

I run a car tire, and I gotta say the Motorcycle tire manufacturers want to make money.
They are unlikely to make something half the price with 4 times the wear.

I just bought a set of 4 tyres for a small SUV for 300$! Will pay 100$ to install them and ride them 30,000 miles and you wana pay 300+$ for one motorcycle tyre. Naaaaaah :eek:. It's all about innovation, market share grab, cost and profit margin. The main impediment to developing this product is probably a Law Suit in the books that scares the seat out of even talking about the subject among those in the industry.

Remember when people said that Japanese and Korean cars would fall apart when you started them.... look at Toyota, Honda and KIA now.

There is a need for this product. We north Americans bikers have it easy buying 165$ nice Exedras and change them every 5 to 10K miles but there are folks in countries south of the equator who pay 5 and 600$ for a similar product if they are lucky to find it. People that buy sticky 500$ tyres are not going to suddenly start buying MC tyres with car tire profiles engineered into them.

I say we start a #CT4myMC movement! :laugh: We wana tyre that last forever, for every biker, for freeee! :roll:

Last edited:
Probably the passenger benefited too. The CT dampens the ride. Also, you were probably rolling straight roads.

I have tried 225/55, 225/60 and have a 215/60 in order. I might try a 235/55 later. We can converse and take notes in MV then put something together for the CT riders and CT wana-bees in The Group. There are many, here in the USA in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

Probably there are some Touring riders that have experimented with different size and aspect CTs.

Ricardo,
Just FYI - but haven't Oz and New Zealand outlawed CTs?

Back