Test Drove 2020

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Well I liked it of course and we worked out a deal. Since it is a lot of money, I am going over in my mind pro's and con's as I like both bikes, the vtx and this one. They are just different. The only con's on the Rock I see right now is the cost and not having the sound that I like on my bike with the cobra exhaust. Don't know we guys like the sound but we do. Look at the Harley guys, love the sound. Anyone miss that sound that went to a Rock? We all like power, and the vtx has a lot, just not as much. I think I am talking myself into the Rock, appearance, power I guess. Of course the tech stuff is great too. Gotta love real cruise control. I had a bmw gs1200, loved all of that but missed the torque of the vtx so sold it and went back to honda. Any thoughts of encouragement as I ponder this would be appreciated! Ride safe!

Well I liked it of course and we worked out a deal. Since it is a lot of money, I am going over in my mind pro's and con's as I like both bikes, the vtx and this one. They are just different. The only con's on the Rock I see right now is the cost and not having the sound that I like on my bike with the cobra exhaust. Don't know we guys like the sound but we do. Look at the Harley guys, love the sound. Anyone miss that sound that went to a Rock? We all like power, and the vtx has a lot, just not as much. I think I am talking myself into the Rock, appearance, power I guess. Of course the tech stuff is great too. Gotta love real cruise control. I had a bmw gs1200, loved all of that but missed the torque of the vtx so sold it and went back to honda. Any thoughts of encouragement as I ponder this would be appreciated! Ride safe!
I was exactly in your shoes three years ago....had VTX 1800 F, had performance pipes and my god....people used to get on the side on freeways....lovely sound and torque....but at 80mph on freeways I used to feel it that it is high speed....then sold it when I saw rocket roadster 2015, just liked the size of it, never drove it on the freeway....just had seen tons of videos and reviews on YouTube.....
And man I was amazed by the comfort of rocket on freeways....awesome torque, stability....I touched 110mph on my first ride without feeling that it’s fast......but missed the sound of VTX....so now on a quest to give it a perfect sound....I am sure 2020 will also get some mods in near future....

I was exactly in your shoes three years ago....had VTX 1800 F, had performance pipes and my god....people used to get on the side on freeways....lovely sound and torque....but at 80mph on freeways I used to feel it that it is high speed....then sold it when I saw rocket roadster 2015, just liked the size of it, never drove it on the freeway....just had seen tons of videos and reviews on YouTube.....
And man I was amazed by the comfort of rocket on freeways....awesome torque, stability....I touched 110mph on my first ride without feeling that it’s fast......but missed the sound of VTX....so now on a quest to give it a perfect sound....I am sure 2020 will also get some mods in near future....
Wow! That does sound like me! People that like the sound of the vtx or large cruiser with added cobra, vance and hines pipes just don't want to give it up. Is there something wrong with us?lol You add up all the pluses of the bike, then are depressed about giving up the sound. I feel stupid with that. Like how many rocket lovers here enjoy just riding at 50-55 mph with comfy weather? When I had the bmw 1200 I did not enjoy that. Boring. Bu. t the x sounded so good I loved it. Maybe we should ween ourselves from it, cause can you really change the sound without changing appearance of those beautiful exhausts?
Good to hear what you said about hwy riding! Thanks for posting.

...the rocket just slides along and is very deceiving in its abilities....i had a 2014 Roadster and soon after buying it i let my cobber take it for a squirt.
He came back grinning and said 'I was getting down the motorway passing cars very easily and thought they must be going bloody slow...i'm only sitting on 100 kph!...then i realized the speedo was in MPH not KPH and i was sitting on 100 mph! "...
The bike was an import from the states and over here we run in Kph...so he was a little fooled.

Back