Is anybody having trouble with the LCD Gauge display not staying on a 2020 R3?

backlight issue? Are you sure it's off and not just very very dim because of a failed backlight?
All I know is that the screen looks exactly the same as when the bike is switched off. Completely black.

No problems with mine. The times I've had any electrical gremlins have all led back to loose battery terminal bolts. I flipped my mount upside down to raise the whole tft up. I liked that mod someone else had done and it puts the cluster up closer to see and shows off the upper tank mount better. But doing that eliminates the rotation feature/defect. I mean it doesn't move at all now.
My battery terminal connections are good and my battery is strong, so for now at least, I assume the problem is somewhere else.

Raising up the display sounds kinda interesting. Might be something I might do, as I don't do any swinging with my display unit anyway. (i'm a happily married man :whitstling: )
Have you got any photos you can post here?

So, today I just rode 165 miles and the display has worked fine.
The bike didn't run hot because I didn't get stuck in standing traffic and also the ambient temperature today was only about 22 Celsius.
I think it's got to be something to do with engine temperature, but what's actually causing the LCD screen to die, i'm no closer to finding out.

Following up on my LCD display issues........
I've had the bike in for it's annual service and I asked the Triumph dealership to take a look into the problem and explained what I had been experiencing.
The result is a big fat meh.....which is often the case when you have an intermittent electrical problem.
They wouldn't let me talk with the technician ( why are main dealers such a PITA ? :mad:) but said that they couldn't get the display to replicate the symptoms and it wasn't showing any error codes.
They did however say that if I could make a video of the screen dying they would pass it on to Triumph tech dept and try to escalate the problem to a higher level in the hope that something can be resolved.
So far the weather hasn't been hot enough to cause me a dead screen but i'll report more on here, as and when.

If anyone else has had a similar problem and fixed it please shout 👍

My battery terminal connections are good and my battery is strong, so for now at least, I assume the problem is somewhere else.

Raising up the display sounds kinda interesting. Might be something I might do, as I don't do any swinging with my display unit anyway. (i'm a happily married man :whitstling: )
Have you got any photos you can post here?
I have a few I'll post up. When you flip the mount, there is a small tab that has to be ground off the mount for it to work in the reverse. Then you can run the loom under or over the bars. I went over to clean up the tank mount area. It is hidden by the flyscreen and cowl anyway. You might have to go under the cowl and move things around for extra loom if you are short. Never had it move or come disconnected since March with very rough roads or aggressive riding.
20230313_140418.jpg
20230313_142919.jpg
20230313_143149.jpg
20230313_104012.jpg
20230313_104107.jpg
20230313_140144.jpg

I have a few I'll post up. When you flip the mount, there is a small tab that has to be ground off the mount for it to work in the reverse. Then you can run the loom under or over the bars. I went over to clean up the tank mount area. It is hidden by the flyscreen and cowl anyway. You might have to go under the cowl and move things around for extra loom if you are short. Never had it move or come disconnected since March with very rough roads or aggressive riding.
Thanks for the suggestion Stingray. I'll take a look into that.

Just out of curiosity, why did you flip your mount? What's the aim in doing so?

Thanks for the suggestion Stingray. I'll take a look into that.

Just out of curiosity, why did you flip your mount? What's the aim in doing so?
See post #1. Plus I like how it lifts it a little closer to see at speed and stays in line of sight. The mod also cleans up the tank strap area, giving more room easier to clean...

Back